PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause this or am I sick?

jules321
24-09-18, 03:17
We bought a house last week, and I managed/am managing all of the tense negotiations, financial details, and moving logistics which has been very stressful and anxiety-producing. There's also a tremendous amount of stress at home over other matters. I'm also in perimenopause and have had *very little* sleep over the last 2-3 weeks (like 2-4 hours per night).

Anyway, over the last several days I have felt super weak, shaky, tired. All of a sudden I will get hot flashes but, unlike some other hot flashes I've had due to perimenopause, these hot flashes are accompanied with a strong fever-y feeling. They last only a few minutes and happen every couple of hours.

So - is this stress/anxiety, or am I ill? No other symptoms aside from an occasional minor headache. It feels like adrenal fatigue. Of course I'm starting to think cancer etc when I know that's silly since I've been under a lot of stress and it's only been happening for a few days.

Has anyone else experienced the symptoms I have described as a result of anxiety or stress?

Crevan
24-09-18, 04:34
Yes, when I was at my worst with anxiety I would get this a lot!

toria
24-09-18, 18:44
Hi can I ask how old you are, I have been been feeling like this and my periods are getting a bit irregular, I am 41, the stress will be making you feel under the weather also xx

Blue23Blent
24-09-18, 18:49
Stress and worry does crazy things!