PDA

View Full Version : Weird tightness around middle

Hansagan
24-09-18, 07:34
Please excuse long medical history below....

So I'm just coming off what seems like months of illness, two colds (One of which felt more flu like) hitting me back to back, during which I had the worst cough of my life. Like doubled over every night, unable to catch a breath. That went away, then came back with the second, more flu like cold, and as that was just receding, I had an evening of abdominal cramps on the left side, which migrated to the right. I actually checked myself into hospital as it was bad enough I feared it was oncoming appendicitis, but it got better through the day, and apart form some evidence of inflammation in my blood test (Which could have been from the still lingering flu / cold) everything was normal and I was send home.

A lingering tightness in my lower right abdomen gradually went away over the next few days, but then turned into a 'very' mild but quite persistent lower back ache, that always seems to migrate to both sides equally at the same time every evening, around 6pm. I haven't felt nauseous, but I do occasionally still feel a bit flu-ey, like I've got bad tasting phlegm in my throat I need to clear.

The back ache does seem to be improved by hot showers, so I'm pretty sure it's mechanical, but the fact that it always seems to migrate at the same time every night (And the flu-ey feeling gets slightly worse as well) is puzzling.

All searches for side / flank ache come up with kidney issues, but my urine test was clear. Has anyone else ever had anything like this?