PDA

View Full Version : Pain in side of legs after long drive

katniss
24-09-18, 14:41
Hello everyone,

We recently went up North (a five hour drive with a break in the middle). I came back with sore legs when walking or stretching, otherwise I don’t feel it. It’s been going on for 3 days now with no change in intensity. It is on the side of my legs and both legs are affected. I can actually feel the muscle affected because it is tender from my knee to my ankle. Flexing my ankle makes the pain worse. I am scared that it could be a blood clot. However, from everything I have read, blood clot pain in usually in the back of the legs in the calf. Also, it’s usually one leg not both. Am I safe in assuming this is just a muscle strain of some sort? Or should I seek medical care at the ER? I wouldn’t want to ignore something potentially life threatening.

Also, this started on Friday (the day of the drive), we came back Sunday and I still had the pain. I may have had the pain during the drive but I can’t remember!

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Also, my whole leg is NOT tender. It is just the side muscle that meets the ankle at the front. No idea what it’s called

utrocket09
24-09-18, 15:58
Hello everyone,

We recently went up North (a five hour drive with a break in the middle). I came back with sore legs when walking or stretching, otherwise I don’t feel it. It’s been going on for 3 days now with no change in intensity. It is on the side of my legs and both legs are affected. I can actually feel the muscle affected because it is tender from my knee to my ankle. Flexing my ankle makes the pain worse. I am scared that it could be a blood clot. However, from everything I have read, blood clot pain in usually in the back of the legs in the calf. Also, it’s usually one leg not both. Am I safe in assuming this is just a muscle strain of some sort? Or should I seek medical care at the ER? I wouldn’t want to ignore something potentially life threatening.

Also, this started on Friday (the day of the drive), we came back Sunday and I still had the pain. I may have had the pain during the drive but I can’t remember!

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Also, my whole leg is NOT tender. It is just the side muscle that meets the ankle at the front. No idea what it’s called

If it was a clot the area would be warm, red and you would not be able to walk.

katniss
24-09-18, 19:24
But you keep reading about people who had minimal symptoms and then suddenly got an embolism :( Sorry to be annoying about it. I hate going to the doctor for every little thing. And I would hate to go to the ER, absolutely despise hospitals and I have made too many trips to the ER for a normal person

Fishmanpa
24-09-18, 19:26
But you keep reading

Good 'ol Dr. Google :doh:

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
24-09-18, 19:40
But you keep reading about people who had minimal symptoms and then suddenly got an embolism :( Sorry to be annoying about it. I hate going to the doctor for every little thing. And I would hate to go to the ER, absolutely despise hospitals and I have made too many trips to the ER for a normal person

The internet is full of information and misinformation. You can find anything you want....if you want stories of people who had minimal symptoms and got an embolism, you’ll find them. If you want stories about the other 99.99% who took long drives and we’re fine, you’ll find those.
The choice is yours.