PDA

View Full Version : Staying Sane During the Dermatologist Wait Time...

pantheraonca
25-09-18, 12:15
Hi All,

After a few years of absence unfortunately I’ve had to find my way back to this great, supportive community. My health anxiety’s been mostly under control for the last 2-3 years, but has reared it’s ugly head again due to the presence of a couple of suspicious skin lesions.

The first resembles a pimple on my thumb with a crusty surface and has been present for at least 4 months refusing to heal or disappear. The second, which concerns me most, is a small, firm 2mm-ish skin coloured nodule on my back, which I noticed 3 months ago (no clue how long it may have been there prior to detection). I have, of course, convinced myself the latter is a nodular melanoma, afterall what else could it be (according to my overactive brain).

I have an appointment booked for the dermatologist, but it’s 2 weeks away and my anxiety is currently sky high - it’s going to be a long couple of weeks. Right now I’m taking solace in the fact that I haven’t noticed any growth in either lesion over the months I’ve been waiting to no avail for them to disappear on their own and reading the countless posts from others on here who have found themselves in the same dark place re: melanoma fears.

Cheers for listening - feels good just to put it all down on paper.