PDA

View Full Version : new to this

arjunajan
25-09-18, 13:13
Hi everyone, on september 17 I got my first panic attack when my boyfriend left. It surprised me because I was ok with the breakup. I went to the ER and they told me about panic, hyperventilation etc. then I was fine for two days and got another big huge bad attack which laster for days. Since then Ive had generalised anxiety all the time. Its bad. Im seeing a psychiatrist and I took mirtazepine for three weeks or so, and now he put me on lyrica. No effect from the medication til this far.
Oh man this is bad! I want my life back! I cant manage anything…

Last week I was ok, way less anxiety. And then it came back making me feel really desperate that it wont ever go away… I didnt even know this constant anxious state existed!

I do find I get a lot of support from reading this forum, hearing all of your stories, and hearing that this illness is just that, that I neednt imagine some horrible mental illness, anxiety can really do all of this.

Blue23Blent
25-09-18, 14:29
I find support as well and feel a little bit better but then I get back into my own head about everything!!

arjunajan
29-09-18, 12:54
yes same here. I mean I get good days, and then I think the nightmare is over. But then it starts again, and again… I cant function like I used to, thank god I dont have a job right now…

And the sleepless nights are doing my head in!

I was on mirtazepine but I stopped that, and now started on lyrica. The first few days I felt the side-effects, but now I dont get them anymore. Not sure its doing much for my anxiety though