PDA

View Full Version : PVC's/PAC's + Clotting Disorder and Postpartum Hell!

Panicked_Princess
21-08-07, 14:25
Hi all,

I'm new around here but am a veteran when it comes to panic! I had my first panic attack at 23 and was never medicated apart from the occasional Xanax (when I'm feeling out of control)

A brief background, I lost my child at 38wks of pregnancy due to clotting in the placenta and this has sent me into a tailspin.

I'm here today to see if anyone has experienced Postpartum PVC's/PAC's (I don't know which I have or even if I have both) I started getting them at the end of my Pregnancy. I have had an EKG and an Ultrasound of my heart which came back all normal. My Cardiologist didn't feel like I needed a Holter Monitor as the other two tests were great. I was also diagnosed Heterozygous for Factor V Leiden (an inherited blood clotting disorder) So I'm at higher risk for Thrombosis during pregnancy and in general really and this has raised the anxiety levels even more!

Ever since this has all happened I have health anxiety galore and ended up in the ER 3 time already because:

1. I think my heart is going to fail me
2. I have a DVT (due to clotting disorder)
3. I am going to die of a Pulmonary Embolisim because of a DVT

Oh and the Panic attacks are back with a vengence. Can anyone advise or help? :shrug:

angiebaby
21-08-07, 18:19
Hello and welcome to NMP.
I am so very sorry to hear your sad news.
Were you offered counselling for this at all? This will help you. Ask your gp or practice nurse about this service.
Are you on any medication for your clotting disorder? If you are then you will be having regular blood checks to manage your clotting in your body and the levels that they show will keep your blood just right, not too thin or too thick. There are millions of people around with this condition and i know this doesn't make you feel any better, but at least you know that you are not alone in this.
Once again i convey my deepest sympathy to you and your family and hope that get the help and support you need, both from this site and from your gp practice.xx

Panicked_Princess
22-08-07, 03:41
Angiebaby

Thank you for your kind words. I am seeing a counsellor at the moment and she is helping me through this difficult time. As for the clotting disorder, I don't need medications at all because my "everyday risk" is slightely higher than everyone else's but will need blood thinning therapy if I am ever pregnant again or have surgery.

Finding out about this health issue has really thrown me off course and I have become really anxious. My GP has put me on low dose aspirin to thin the blood, not because I need it, but for piece of mind.:blush: These ectopic beats also don't help at ALL with the anxiety.......................:weep: I wish it would all just be over, I'm going into a panic just thinking about it!

angiebaby
22-08-07, 17:34
I know this must be so awful for you right now and i send you all the love, hugs and support that i can. You will get through this even though you don't think that you will. You are doing the right thing in getting counselling, this WILL help you. This site is also great and you know that someone is always here for you. At least you know that you are not at any risk, you do not really need medication now and you will only need it while you are pregnant, which will control your blood to prevent any clots forming. This is good news and i am hoping this does make you feel a little better. I know that this cannot change the past, but it is an encouragement for the future i hope. It is like people who have to have a stitch to help them, or have bed rest to help them with their bp or something. It will just be an aide to see that things will remain ok, it is just unfortunate that things like this only come to light after a problem or an illness has already happened. I truly hope that your counsellor can help you through this sad time and things will improve for you, and i hope this site can help you to. I am here if you want to chat.
:hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx:hugs: