PDA

View Full Version : Fear of going crazy getting out of control! Need help!

Znil682
25-09-18, 21:58
Hey everybody.. my anxiety has become VERY severe lately and I'm starting to wonder if I need to go to the hospital..

I have a BIG fear of going crazy and it's starting to get out of control.. I'm starting to question every little thing, literally. I actually just put myself into a panic attack because I saw a fly in my hallway at home.. like it is getting completely out of hand latley and idk what to do anymore. I really feel like I'm beginning to go crazy.. every little sound I hear or thing I see, I fear I'm starting to hallucinate. I'll look at the TV or my car or almost anything and I'll be like "what if it's not real?". Like I know it is! But I constantly doubt my sanity.. like it's getting really bad.. I've tried a few different medications but I can't get past the first couple days because my anxiety gets worse..

Ugh just so lost on what to do. IDK if I should go to the hospital or not. Like I'm literally becoming not able to deal with this non stop fear :/. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

YouRemindMeOfTheBabe
26-09-18, 18:50
When this happens to me I remind myself that I can't go crazy because I'm perfectly able to write my feelings and anxieties coherently on here and in my journal, just like you have, which is a sign you're lucid. It's your mind, feed the anxiety you feed the symptoms. It's really hard sometimes for me to get my head around the fact that actually I'm feeding the beast so to speak.

DavidJ85
02-10-18, 22:25
Give yourself time to slow down and sit down or lay somewhere and breathe deeply.

Do the 4,7,8 technique. 4 seconds to breathe in, hold for 7 and breathe out for 8 seconds. Do this for 5-10 mins or as much as you comfortably can and you'll start to feel less manic. Ok the anxiety may still be there but you'll definitely feel a little better!