PDA

View Full Version : Self-help books

beauty
21-08-07, 14:29
Just out of interest does anyone feel that self-help books have actuallty made a substantional difference to their problem? (other than general reassurance which never permanently solves the problem)

I'm considering trying this as I work full time so counselling sessions would be hard.

Lindalou64
22-08-07, 16:37
Yes I Believe So Ive Had Agraphobia For 18 Yrs But Much Better In The Last Few Yrs Just Anxiety Here And There And Still Workin On Some Phobias But When I Use To Read Good Self Help Books Got Me Out Helped Me Loads........so Yes I Would Suggest In Trying It Dont Hurt.....wish Ya The Best.......linda

cece
27-01-08, 20:45
They definitely made a gigantic difference in my life. Doing the CBT TEA forms have become a part of my daily routine and keep my anxieties well under my control now:)

musicman65
07-07-10, 22:11
Hi beauty,
I personally have read many books on the subject and found few that would fit the positive answer to your question. One book that is an exception is: Peace From Nervous Suffering by Dr. Claire Weekes. I use Amazon searching for books and read other people's reviews, which is very helpful in choosing a good book. Hope you find some that work for you. Take care.

musicman65

cece
10-07-10, 02:49
The book I learned CBT and the TEA forms in is called Been there, Done that? Do This! by Sam Obitz and is a real easy friendly book that simplifies Cbt to its core exercises and has helped me immensely. But I just learned (Thx musicman) that amazon charges a ridiculously high price for it so if you want it, get from the book's website www.tao3.com where it costs about $20 including shipping. No book I have ever read is worth what amazon charges for this one:scared15:

cece
31-08-10, 01:28
LOL. Wish I would have seen what constituted a rubbish post? That's really funny:roflmao: