PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node lump in breast

Lyd
26-09-18, 15:57
Hi,

I found a lump in my breast 10 days ago - soft ish, round and a little bit movable. I’ve been a complete mess but finally went to appointment at the breast clinic today.

Lovely Dr did a scan and said it’s all fine - apparently it’s a lymph node. I don’t have a lot of breast tissue which is why I can feel it.

I know I should feel better but if you google breast lumps and lymph nodes it is ALL to do with cancer. I can’t find anything at all to say feeling a breast lymph node is normal. It is in my breast, nowhere near armpit, which seems to be the lymph nodes to do with breast cancer spreading.

This was supposed to be my reassurance but I just don’t feel reassured at all - Dr was totally fine about it all though!

I’m feeling a bit crazy/broken ☹️

Claire x

Limeslime
26-09-18, 18:44
Don’t google!!!! I can’t stress that enough! Google will tell you that you have cancer even if you only have a sore toe!
The breast doctor knows what they are doing and a cancerous lymph node would be very distinguishable on a scan as they look different to a regular lymph node!
I have a palpable lymph node in my neck which used to worry me but it hasn’t changed at all!
They say a lymph node is only a worry if it’s bigger than 2cm or hard and fixed (immobile)

I think you need to trust your doctor! This is good news!

Lyd
26-09-18, 19:24
Thank you so much for your reply. I know Google is a meanace for anything anxiety related - I would tell anyone else not to look. I honestly don’t know why I do it to myself.
I’d read up on all the ‘good’ things the lump could be but a lymph node wasn’t mentioned anywhere, except in relation to cancer, so to me it’s just lymph nodes = something to do with cancer!!
The Dr was lovely and very reassuring - I wish this stupid anxiety would just let me take the reassurance!
X