PDA

View Full Version : Question about oral cancer fears

Howanxious
26-09-18, 23:25
Hey, guys, I have a question about oral cancer because it's one of my biggest fears :wacko:
I'm 21, healthy, I don't smoke (and never smoked a single cigarette in my life) or drink alcohol (literally 0 alcohol) and I have a normal/acceptable dental health. The one thing that concernes me it's that sometimes I bite my cheeks while eating and I've read that repeated lesions could lead to cancer...
So... what are the chances of a healthy 21 years old man of getting oral cancer? I mean, it's really a weird thing or it can happen?

AMomentofClarity
26-09-18, 23:31
Hey, guys, I have a question about oral cancer because it's one of my biggest fears :wacko:
I'm 21, healthy, I don't smoke (and never smoked a single cigarette in my life) or drink alcohol (literally 0 alcohol) and I have a normal/acceptable dental health. The one thing that concernes me it's that sometimes I bite my cheeks while eating and I've read that repeated lesions could lead to cancer...
So... what are the chances of a healthy 21 years old man of getting oral cancer? I mean, it's really a weird thing or it can happen?

0 is too high....How does -13 sound?

Blue23Blent
26-09-18, 23:34
What about if you are in your 30s and have had oral sex? What are the chances?

Howanxious
26-09-18, 23:38
That's a good question too lol

Blue23Blent
26-09-18, 23:40
I’ve been worried about the base of my tongue lately. I’ve never smoked or anything and I read about increase of cancers because of oral sex practices. So then I start worrying again. This is for males and females!

What’s the chances?!!

AMomentofClarity
26-09-18, 23:40

Depends on how many ENTs, GPs, and CT Scans have cleared you....

Blue23Blent
26-09-18, 23:45
So you’ve been following me huh?

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Seriously though. What would be the chances?

AMomentofClarity
26-09-18, 23:46
So you’ve been following me huh?

It’s impossible not to....you inundate every thread about OC with your own story, in addition to all the threads you’ve created about it.

Blue23Blent
26-09-18, 23:59
Well, Anxiety is crazy.

AMomentofClarity
27-09-18, 00:01
Well, Anxiety is crazy.

What are you doing about it?

Blue23Blent
27-09-18, 00:04
Trying to figure out what health concern is causing my tongue and throat issues!

AMomentofClarity
27-09-18, 00:41
Trying to figure out what health concern is causing my tongue and throat issues!

SMH....you’re chasing an answer you’ll never get, instead of pursuing a solution to your real problem.

Blue23Blent
27-09-18, 02:31
I’m just joking. I’m getting counseling.