PDA

View Full Version : **WORRIED** So I just got back from the doctors he's giving me amoxil 500mg

josh1987
28-09-18, 01:31
So I just got back from the doctors he's giving me amoxil 500mg.. has anyone had amoxil 500mg I hate taken antibiotics they allways make me feel sick. What's everyone's experience with amoxil?

ErinKC
28-09-18, 01:42
I hate taking antibiotics, too. I'm on some now for sinus/ear stuff and they are so anxiety triggering! But, amoxil is one that has never given me trouble. I wish my doctor had prescribed that one instead of the one I'm on! Any time I have to take antibiotics my doctor recommends taking a probiotic along with it (around 4 hours after taking the antibiotic) and continue with probiotics for 30 days after to help your stomach readjust. It might be worth asking your doctor about that because it can really lessen or eliminate the side effects.

josh1987
28-09-18, 02:10
I hate taking antibiotics, too. I'm on some now for sinus/ear stuff and they are so anxiety triggering! But, amoxil is one that has never given me trouble. I wish my doctor had prescribed that one instead of the one I'm on! Any time I have to take antibiotics my doctor recommends taking a probiotic along with it (around 4 hours after taking the antibiotic) and continue with probiotics for 30 days after to help your stomach readjust. It might be worth asking your doctor about that because it can really lessen or eliminate the side effects.

Do you get side effects on amoxil?

ErinKC
28-09-18, 02:36
I've never had side effects on amoxil (amoxicillin).

Fishmanpa
28-09-18, 04:07
It's one of the most widely prescribed antibiotics for a reason :winks:

Positive thoughts