PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Anginoma worries?

Matthew1233
28-09-18, 10:59
I have what I think is a cherry anginoma on my chest, red and slightly raised, I also have one on my leg I think but it is flat. Maybe it is petechiae or purpura

I have read these can link to cancer leukaemia or meningitis and now I am worried.

19 Male

Thanks

axolotl
28-09-18, 11:03
Cherry angiomas (despite the scary suffix -oma) have nothing to do with cancer and are perfectly normal imperfections everyone gets. I have at least two, one on my chest, one on my arm.

Maybe it is petechiae or purpura

We shouldn't even know these kind of words. Stop Googling.

LF87
28-09-18, 11:57
I've got a few, they're normal!

ShaunRyder
28-09-18, 13:02
I've got a few of these, never heard they were linked to cancer and never caused me any issues! Google will surely tell you different though! :whistles:

Matthew1233
28-09-18, 20:09
I have read that they are common in people over 30 and female but I am 19 and male which is why I am still a bit concerned

utrocket09
28-09-18, 20:21
I have read that they are common in people over 30 and female but I am 19 and male which is why I am still a bit concerned

Not always. I am female and got my first ones under 18. Cherry angimomas are nothing more than red moles.

axolotl
28-09-18, 21:29

If you can read as much as you have done about how they're common, benign and non-worrying and still take negatives from it to worry you, then no-one can logic this away for you.

Are you taking any steps to control your anxiety?

lofwyr
28-09-18, 21:30
I have a ton of them, and have gotten more as I age. Gotta quit googling.

I don't know a single doctor who has looks at mine and warned me or thought anything of them, including my annual dermatologist exam.

ErinKC
28-09-18, 21:33
I have a million of these. I'm 35 but I've been getting them for ages and more appear all the time. I just had my annual dermatology appointment where my doctor again noted that they're of no concern.

lofwyr
28-09-18, 23:23
I have a million of these. I'm 35 but I've been getting them for ages and more appear all the time. I just had my annual dermatology appointment where my doctor again noted that they're of no concern.
Yeah, I specifically asked my derm about it once, and he said they are absolutely irrelevant to anything, totally benign, and no indicator of anything troubling whatsoever. He did say, "the only people who really need to worry about those are movie stars."