PDA

View Full Version : HIV oral sex anxiety

Visakh
28-09-18, 20:40
Recently I had received an unprotected oral sex from a massage person. At that time I had a small broken skin on my foreskin which was open but not bleeding. I am very anxious about hiv now and having muscle aches around my groin, armpits and arm. But no visible lymph node swelling. No other symptoms. Today is 30th day after exposure
Please let me know the risks, I am very depressed.

KK77
28-09-18, 20:53
This is not a medical Q&A forum so it's best you speak to your doctor for advice.

Also, your profile says you're "female" :lac:

Visakh
28-09-18, 21:38
This is not a medical Q&A forum so it's best you speak to your doctor for advice.

Also, your profile says you're "female" :lac:

Oops... I m male. Thanks for informing. Missed to edit while creating profile out of anxiety’s

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

I took a 4th gen duo test on 26th day and it came back negative. But few sites says to wait for 6 weeks to take 4th gen test... I going crazy daily, that I couldn’t concentrate on my work. I m not feeling to eat.... The smell of food gives me a vomitting sensation and I m restless...

nomorepanic
28-09-18, 21:56
Sounds like anxiety symptoms to me and nothing to do with HIV

RadioGaGa
29-09-18, 13:18
Receiving oral sex is NOT a risk factor for HIV. Period.

Visakh
29-09-18, 19:15
I understand my risk is minimal and my counsellor also told the same. But my mind is not coming out of the depression. I am guilty on what I did. I am feeling slight discomfort on front sides of my neck jus below the jaw lines, short pains on my shoulder bone, arms and my pelvic bone and knees. Whenever I experience any of this slight pain, I become restless, sudden chills spread throughout my body immediately. Then I start thinking about all what ifs

ErinKC
29-09-18, 19:41
It sounds like you did something you regret and that's what's giving you anxiety. But, let yourself off the hook. If you feel crappy after getting oral sex at a massage parlor, don't do that again. But, give yourself a break. You did something, you feel bad, but now move on. You're not going to get HIV from the encounter, but maybe it taught you a lesson about what types of behaviors you want to be engaging in.

Dave_Lister
01-10-18, 17:13
Saliva neutralizes the HIV virus. You will not get HIV from oral sex.

WiseMonkey
02-10-18, 00:40
Saliva neutralizes the HIV virus. You will not get HIV from oral sex.

Yes, exactly right :yesyes:

Visakh
02-10-18, 18:04
Thanks for all your replies.
It helps me to recover from my depression. But the mild pain I am getting often on armpits, neck and groin area makes my anxiety worse and I am getting back to depressed state the whole day.
I am working now on to get rid of those pains

RadioGaGa
02-10-18, 20:37
Please believe me - receiving oral sex is NOT a risk factor for HIV. Testing is NOT warranted at all. It is only "warranted" to put your mind at ease.

Good luck

Visakh
03-10-18, 03:35
I can understand. But I had a broken foreskin of about 5mm during the act. That's why I am much worried

RadioGaGa
03-10-18, 10:23
That won't matter at all. Please test any time now using the HIV 4th Gen test (p24 antigen & antibody test, which is 99.9% accurate at this time)

I bet my life savings it will be negative.

Visakh
03-10-18, 10:48
I did 4th gen duo test on 32nd dayafter exposure. It came back non reactive.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

But I am still feeling pain around my neck, arms and groin:weep:

Blue23Blent
03-10-18, 19:31
To me I’d be more concerned with my HPV throat cancer anxiety then HIV.

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

I know for me I’ve been concerned with HPV throat cancer because I’ve had oral sex with one woman for the past 12 years. Rather than HIV