PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety is ruining my life

Rey1989
28-09-18, 21:55
This month my anxiety is at the worse point i’ve ever had it.

Im having a battery of random symptoms that are driving me crazy. I have balance issues with periods of dizziness and light headeness. Then I get boiling hot and 5 minutes later im freezing. Completely insane body temperature swings. But it doesnt stop there. I also get these weird racing heart moments with a pressure feeling in my chest, and the sensation of skipping a beat. Mainly this happens after a workout in the cool off period. Are any of these symptoms concerning?

My dr. Said it doesnt sound “too dangerous” or whatever that means, but he did refer me to a clinic where they’ll perform some sort of 24 hr test...

In the meantime im left here freaking out thinking im going to drop dead any moment now from a heart attack.

Can someone slap me in the face if im being irrational over this? Its the scariest experience ive had in a while...

Thanks for reading.

Rey

PD: please don’t move this post somewhere else, it never gets viewed. Thanks

nomorepanic
28-09-18, 22:20
Are you getting any help though to deal with the HA?

Rey1989
28-09-18, 22:39
I have in the past.

But i’ve gone down the rabit hole again. This whole heart thing has me very concerned, I used to enjoy going to the gym and spending a good hour doing cardio, now im afraid of getting these awful palpitations that take my breath away and make me feel like im about to get a heart attack or something. Never had this before until now..

nomorepanic
28-09-18, 22:47
I assume you have been checked out?

Rey1989
28-09-18, 23:27
Not for the heart thing yet.

The dr literally said: doesnt sound dangerous to me, but i will send you for a 24 monitor anyways. Im still waiting to get this appointment...

I got blood work done about 3-4 weeks ago and it was all normal... but thats it in terms lf getting “checked out”

nomorepanic
28-09-18, 23:28
Ok well he isn't worried then so you need to trust that I guess.

Rey1989
28-09-18, 23:34
I guess theres only one way to find out.. I’ll have to wait in the mean time. Maybe I am looking for reassurance from other people that has gone through something similar thats all.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Thanks for responging to my threat, i really appreciate it in these dark times