PDA

View Full Version : Annoying left eye twitch

Dave4443
30-09-18, 09:54
So I was really stressed at work for a few weeks, felt an annoying flutter in my ear like I could hear my eye twitching
Went away and now a week later I'm on holiday and it's been on and off and now nearly constant for a day

Sometimes you can see it in the upper eyelid eyebrow region, if I press lightly on the bag under my eye you can see the constant twitch, if I don't press you can't see it but I can feel the fluttering around my eye

Has anyone had this before? It's annoying since now I've finally done with the stress of work this has started even worse. I'm hoping it goes away eventually on it's own, gonna try magnesium and see if that helps just thought I would see if this has driven anyone else crazy and how they got over it!

Thanks

Carnation
30-09-18, 10:07
Yes, yes and yes! It's a nerve doing that and normally arises after a bout of stress or extreme tiredness.
I have it now and had it several times before.
It can take a while to settle. No handbook on this one. Could be a day or weeks. But more likely to go without worry or stress. Completely harmless. This is my fifth time in 5 years!

Dave4443
30-09-18, 11:04
Harmless you mean haha
Aah I hope so, I didn't mind before but now it's constant and I can see it constantly pulsing, if I press on a certain point which made me worry a bit more... and hearing it in my ear drives me crazy but that one seems to disappear when I don't think about it and keep busy.

Hopefully it'll go away soon then, never had it before so it just sent me into panic which probably made it way worse

Carnation
30-09-18, 12:32
:D Sorry Dave. :doh: Corrected the spelling error.
If you scan the Forum, you will find loads about twitchy eye syndrome. So, you are not going mad.

Kingdawson
30-09-18, 13:30
Had one last 3 months. Every day for 3 bloody months lol.

And I get the ear flutter one as well.

RadioGaGa
30-09-18, 13:53
Yes. I used to get this ALL the time. And I mean **ALL THE TIME**

There's really nothing you can do about it - in America, they sometimes inject botox in the muscle to stop it. But IMO, that's overkill and really not worth it.

Caffeine can aggravate it, as can nicotine and alcohol

Dave4443
30-09-18, 16:39
Had one last 3 months. Every day for 3 bloody months lol.

And I get the ear flutter one as well.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one on that one, the ear flutter was driving me crazy, since I posted on here and had only a few of you saying you've had it ive got less stressed about it now, I don't think I'll Google anything without typing nomorepanic after it anymore haha

Kingdawson
30-09-18, 17:04
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one on that one, the ear flutter was driving me crazy, since I posted on here and had only a few of you saying you've had it ive got less stressed about it now, I don't think I'll Google anything without typing nomorepanic after it anymore haha

The ear flutter thing is just a normal twitch you get anywhere else. it's just that the muscle is in your ear.

I've had that before I even suffered from health anxiety tbh.

Dave4443
30-09-18, 18:55
Yes. I used to get this ALL the time. And I mean **ALL THE TIME**

There's really nothing you can do about it - in America, they sometimes inject botox in the muscle to stop it. But IMO, that's overkill and really not worth it.

Caffeine can aggravate it, as can nicotine and alcohol

Damn that's annoying, yeah I'll skip getting BOTOX. Just cut back on coffee, I'm on holiday so I'll enjoy some.alcohol and cut back after

It was a lot smaller when I didn't think about it all day then after thinking again it seemed to get more noticeable. Damn thing. Just annoying pulsing under and around my eye