PDA

View Full Version : Lower body pains - terrified

WorriedWart
30-09-18, 19:49
Hi everyone, I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend. I’m looking for advice, as my anxiety has been pretty bad lately due to my leg which I’ve had problems with for just over a month now.

I began to feel a pain in my left leg - Located across the bottom of the calf, just above where your sock would be if you pulled them all the way up; it felt like a mild sharp pain that ran horizontally across that part of the leg.

This week is seems to have gotten worse. When I feel it, I cannot only feel it pull slightly in the same place, but also vertically now, right in the middle of the calf, making it feel a little weaker – which when I try to either jump up and down, or walk down stairs, I can feel it begin to ache.

However, what’s made my anxiety worse is that now, over the past 3 days I’ve started to get aches in my hips and deep in both my buttocks. When I sit down, I can feel it sometimes radiate up towards my nether regions, which means I can’t really get comfortable so it’s always on my mind.

I’ve just turned 35, and although I thought I was in good shape (I go to the gym 4-5 times a week) recently I’ve started to feel like I’m falling apart which has really made me feel down.

My mind is going crazy with what could be wrong with me. I’ve refrained from google searching my ailments as I know as I see something mentioned that’s bad it will make it worse, but I can’t help but feel I’ve got something like MS or another motor neuron disease, or perhaps something like testicle/prostate cancer that’s gone into my hips.

Sorry for the long post, I just needed to write it all down – which actually helped me a little.

Thanks all

Scass
30-09-18, 20:33
Have you been to the doctor about this? Could it be an exercise related injury at all?
It sounds similar to tendinitis, but that is from the back of your heel upwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorriedWart
30-09-18, 21:37
Not yet. I've got an appointment booked in but it's not for a couple of weeks. I'm also trying to book in a

Not sure how the two can related, other than for some awful reason. The leg I can almost convince myself is something gym related, but not the deep bum aches, just because I've not been doing any exercises that would aggravate those areas.

Thank you for replying :)

Scass
01-10-18, 13:42
But bum aches are often sciatica aren’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk