PDA

View Full Version : Beating it.

KatyJane
09-01-05, 12:42
Hi, I'm new to this site, so hello to anyone reading this posting.

I beat my depression several years ago, after having lived with it from childhood. I want to say that I agree with all the points made on the depression page of this website - that the suggestions made really do work; even though you may feel that you are only treading water and not making any progress, and you may have relapses - days and weeks when everything seems black - this is a part of overcoming depression, realising that you WILL have bad days - but they are only that...just bad days, not a life sentence.

I would also like to recommend a website - Clinical-Depression.co.uk offers "The Depression Learning Path", which dispels the many myths and common assumptions about depression and gives you the bare facts. It's simply written and informative. You can also download it to file as an e-book, for a small contribution.

All the best, Kate.

seh1980
09-01-05, 12:51
hello there Kate,

Welcome to the site!! :)

You seem to have coped with your problems - well done!! We all need to hear a success story every once in a while to encourage the rest of us. Let us know how you are getting on, ok?

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
09-01-05, 16:47
Hi Kate

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the info about the site I will take a look and add it as a link on the website.

Glad to hear that you are doing so well nowadays and have managed to get the depression under control. There are a few people on here that may like to ask you some more questions about that.

I hope you stick around and post some more.

Nicola

Karen
09-01-05, 17:47
Hi Kate

Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you've managed to work your way through the depression and come out the other side.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Rennie1989
09-01-05, 18:34
Hiya

welcome to the site

im the baby on this site although im 15, lol

ill check out that link when iv sorted out this forum im moderating at the mo!!!

Scooter Girl

nomorepanic
09-01-05, 20:18
Sounds good Jade - what forum is it

Nicola

vernon
09-01-05, 20:57
hiya kate, welcome to the site. I was to ok for about 10 years then it returned again, but its not depresion so much with me its anxiety, phobias and fears. It returned 12 months ago when i stopped drinking after close to 40 years heavy drinking, so expected it. however it seems to ce taking longer to go this time but like u saud i am getting more and more better days (amoungst ther bad ones) Well welcome to the site again, Take care, Vernon

pips
09-01-05, 21:57
Hi Kate,

A big warm welcome to the site. :D

Well done to you for beating the depression :( as well. I have suffered badly in the past and still get the odd day where it just grabs me out of the blue for no apparent reason. You just have to go with the flow like you say and realise that it will pass it just takes time comfort and patience.[Sigh...] I will take a look at that website. Thanks for that!

Take Care

Love PIP'S XX

Sarah-Jane
09-01-05, 22:15
Katy

Congratulations on doing so well, hopefully you will post a lot more on this site and give us all some reasurance and support you are an inspiration that things can get better. It means so much to get advice etc from someone that has been there and is not purely reely off from a text book.

Love Sarah-jane xxxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx