PDA

View Full Version : real symptoms or in my head?

48tce
01-10-18, 17:16
i've been dealing with pgad like symptoms around the time i first joined the forums. the first four days were bad but not unbearable, i think me freaking out made it worse. they've gotten much much better since then, ranging from gone completely to mild discomfort.

my symptoms started disappearing after i decided to stay away from the internet and stop googling pgad... just like how my symptoms got worse after googling pgad...

i still have one worry, is it possible that this is just the calm before the storm? could i have pgad and it's just relaxed right now? is it possible it'll get worse?

i've heard anxiety can cause you to feel symptoms, is that true? if it is, then maybe all of this was just my anxiety getting to me.

48tce
02-10-18, 01:38
any ideas? can anyone confirm that anxiety causes symptoms?

48tce
02-10-18, 22:20
today was good so far, worked extra hard to ignore any sensations and did pretty good until now.

started getting really depressed at the thought of the relief being only temporary :weep:

ErinKC
03-10-18, 00:16
I had to Google what pgad is. You can definitely bring on symptoms by thinking about them, and I would imagine this is something specifically susceptible to psychosomatic symptoms.

48tce
03-10-18, 02:06
so does that mean psychosomatic symptoms eventually disappear? i don’t know too much about the whole psychosomatic thing so any info is appreciated

ErinKC
03-10-18, 03:53
I would guess as soon as you stop thinking about it, it will go away.

48tce
03-10-18, 05:52
haaa, easier said than done :unsure:

i’m gonna have to just pull through this somehow

nomorepanic
03-10-18, 13:44
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239