PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal cramping

overlyanxioushippo
01-10-18, 21:18
Hey all. I've been experiencing abdominal discomfort. I'd like to say I remember it as far back as 2017, but more frequently these days. It's usually lower abdominal cramping as well as reflux. My dad's side of the family has a history of colon cancer (and pancreatic issues). One was my grandma who was diagnosed at a late age, another was my aunt who was diagnosed at 42. Just recently my health anxiety regarding the colon has been triggered due to a friend being diagnosed at 26 years old. I contacted my doctor, but I feel that she is aware of my health anxiety, considering I have gone just this year for breast lump issues (benign) and a myriad of vague symptoms, usually including abdominal discomfort. I'm not sure exactly what I seek by posting this; maybe advice, words of support, etc. I'm 27 going on 28 in a few months. I know I am young, but at the same time I am also aware that "C" has no discrimination towards age. Just less likelihood. Thank you for reading, and please comment with whatever you'd like to say, whether it's me being overly anxious, being warranted in my worries, etc.