PDA

View Full Version : Weird mole / wart thing on my hand

emm5412
02-10-18, 13:41
Hi everyone, after a pretty good year of no health anxiety, I'm back :/

I'm really worried about this thing I thought was a mole on my hand. It appeared as a small raised mole back in mid June, but now it's quite large and nasty looking. I made the mistake of googling skin cancer, and now I can't stop thinking that I have nodular melanoma and that i'm going to die because it spreads to the organs in just 3 months, and I've had this for about 3 months :(

I have a dermatologist appointment in November, but that's a long way away. Can someone just look at the pictures and tell me if you think it looks like a wart instead of a mole? I've never had a wart before, so I don't really know what they look like when they first appear.

https://imgur.com/a/dPVi4sJ
The pictures are in order, the first one was when I had stopped picking at it for a week or so and it looked to be healing, the second picture was a week later after i took the band aid off it started drying out and looking like a wart, and then the third picture is after I picked at it really hard and tried to rip it out (failed haha)

venusbluejeans
02-10-18, 14:42
to me it is a 100% a wart

emm5412
02-10-18, 14:51
Really? That's awesome to hear someone say that :) Do warts start out like a small raised bump? I can't find anywhere online that says what they look like when they first appear

ErinKC
02-10-18, 16:17
Yes, warts often start as a small bump that's hard and can be sore. I'd definitely have it looked at, as is good to do with anything new, but it looks almost identical to the first picture of a wart here. https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/mens-health/4-common-ways-to-get-rid-of-warts

RadioGaGa
02-10-18, 20:36
I've been down the "mole hole" the last few weeks due to a mole on my back, which has changed slightly. After FIVE doctors reassuring me it's benign, I'm still worried, and I'm currently awaiting pathology results after I insisted it was removed.

Anyway, back to your question. This looks like a wart. This is a benign skin lesion. I say this because, I've genuinely googled skin lesions so much in the last several weeks, I feel the British Association of Dermatologists should be giving me a Diploma in them :D

Regardless, SEE YOUR DOCTOR FOR CONFIRMATION.

emm5412
03-10-18, 11:41
Nice!!! I'm glad I'm not alone. If it is a wart, I'm going to be totally screwed when it spreads all over from me picking it so much -_-