PDA

View Full Version : UTI

AnxietyGirl30
02-10-18, 19:47
I have been having pain when I wee, so I gave a urine sample to the nurse who told me the sample came back clear, but as I was having symptoms of a UTI the sample was sent to the hospital which showed bacteria was present. So my doctor put me on a 3 day course of antibiotics I was hoping it would be gone by the time I’d finished the course but nope here I am still in pain, in worse pain actually. I have pain when weeing, feeling I need to go constantly but no wee comes out and now some mild pain in my lower abdomen. I’m so fed up :( I called my doctor today but she wasn’t there so I have to wait until tomorrow morning. I’ve been drinking water but don’t really know what else to do :( it’s things like this that trigger my HA when I’m desperatly trying to get over it, it’s so unfair.

.Poppy.
03-10-18, 15:41
One of my best friends has been dealing with recurring UTIs - hers is due to a switch in birth control. It's awful, so irritating. Sometimes the first round of antibiotics doesn't do the trick and the docs need to try something stronger - it's no fun, but it's common and not dangerous, so do remember that.

In addition to the water, cranberry juice is a good thing to drink for UTIs.

Elen
03-10-18, 16:25
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen