PDA

View Full Version : A really stupid thing I did :( (please read)

unicorndusy
03-10-18, 18:27
Hi guys,

So today I attempted to remove what I think is a skin tag on top of a mole (it’s soft and squishy. I cut it but it began to bleed so I stopped and I began to feel funny (I always do at the sight of blood) so I’ve stopped it bleeding and disinfected it but my legs feel funny and every little pain I get in my body is telling me I’ve just caused myself a lot of harm and I’m going to get skin cancer! I was gonna see doctor before but I’m stupid and tried doing it myself :( any advice?

nomorepanic
03-10-18, 18:50
You can't get skin cancer doing that.

You feel funny because of anxiety

unicorndusy
03-10-18, 19:23
You can't get skin cancer doing that.

You feel funny because of anxiety

Thanks for the reply, I’m concerned as the “skin tag” is on top of the mole, the mole is flat though and has always been there for as long as I can remember. As it’s in a place that chafes quite a lot I think that’s whats caused the skin tag to form on top. I’m gonna see a doctor next week to get it properly examined and removed.

axolotl
03-10-18, 20:44
You picked something and made it bleed. That's all there is to it. Pop a plaster on it and leave it alone.

You're flitting around a lot of different fears on here - are you getting any help for your anxiety?

unicorndusy
03-10-18, 21:16
You picked something and made it bleed. That's all there is to it. Pop a plaster on it and leave it alone.

You're flitting around a lot of different fears on here - are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Thanks for your reply. I've been coping well with self help, my anxiety is no longer an every day thing it comes back with a vengeance whenever something bothers me badly like this. Once I see a doctor or calm down completely I'm great for ages. I mean months and months. So I haven't actually seeked any other help :unsure:

Catherine S
03-10-18, 21:34
Skin tags can bleed more than you expect, but if you have a blood phobia then that's why you felt so bad. I'd never had a skin tag ever before, but had one under my arm a couple of years ago and it kept catching on clothes, was really quite painful too, but came off of its own accord and ive not had another one since.

I think you're stressing because it's on top of a mole so I understand your anxiety about it and wanting to get it checked. Skin tags are harmless as are most moles, but if asking your doctor about it reassures you then I think that's fine.

Best wishes
Cath S ☺