PDA

View Full Version : How long does a stiff neck last?

megsi99
03-10-18, 20:47
I turned my head to the right Monday morning and felt a muscle pull on the side/back of right side. Since then it’s been painful and it’s hard to turn my neck side to side. There’s been all improvements the last couple of days, but it’s still not great. Today I broke down and took an Aleve.

My health anxiety side is worried that it’s an artery tear or something sinister. Anyone else stressed out by a stupid sore neck? Ha. Thanks!

axolotl
03-10-18, 20:51
You have a cricked neck. It's been a couple of days. End of story.

You've posted a lot of different health fears on here. Are you getting any help for your anxiety?

megsi99
03-10-18, 21:16
Not at the moment, no. My anxiety has been more sporadic lately, so I’ve just been dealing with it as it comes.

axolotl
03-10-18, 21:27
Thing is your post history shows a pattern of posts about disparate health fears, mostly about very minor things, and although you haven't posted much for a couple of months coming to an anxiety board when you have a bit of a cricked neck for a couple of days says otherwise to me.

Anxiety will tell you oh, I'm not that bad, I can muddle through this, but if every blip sends you into a panic, and you can't trust your own judgements to dismiss your thoughts about minor health issues, you need to think about some help, because you're not living the best life you can lead.

And don't take me the wrong way, I type this as a health anxiety sufferer.

megsi99
03-10-18, 23:15
I appreciate it. This might be the kick I need to schedule a booster session with my previous CBT therapist. It was VERY helpful while I was doing it.