PDA

View Full Version : Could this all be anxiety related?

BamaGirl
03-10-18, 21:48
So for 4 years now after some very extreme stress in my life ive have had an unbalanced heavy head and derealization feelings. At first I was diagnosed with labrynthitis...an inner ear infection. Well after it was supposed to clear up I was still anxious heavy headed and in a dream like state...i eventually managed by getting up and getting back into my life even though i felt terrible. Ive had 24/7 derealization and heavy head even when not panicking...went to the doctor today actually for the first time in years and he seems to think it is anxiety since stress triggers it to become worse...so he sent me for a full blood lab workup to see if there are any abnormalities there...but what do you all think? Could this be an anxiety disorder? Ps I was always an anxious type of person even before the stress. I had my first panic attacks at 13 years old.

jray23
04-10-18, 00:56
Yes, can definitely be caused by anxiety!

Do you typically seem to feel the derealization or offbalance feeling stronger with a quick head movement? Or in busy places? While those are also possible from anxiety issues they could also point to more inner ear issues (not dangerous ones). Even in that case, lowering anxiety helps.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BamaGirl
04-10-18, 13:59
Yes, can definitely be caused by anxiety!

Do you typically seem to feel the derealization or offbalance feeling stronger with a quick head movement? Or in busy places? While those are also possible from anxiety issues they could also point to more inner ear issues (not dangerous ones). Even in that case, lowering anxiety helps.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hmm not really with head movement but when I'm out in public I usually feel disoriented or like everything is really overwhelming! Even though ive been to a certain store before I just feel like I dont know what im doing then I remember and it feels a little better. I was diagnosed with labrynthitis at first the inner ear disorder but That was 4 years ago! I feel like the anxiety from that experience never went away.