PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety's influence on migraines?

jray23
04-10-18, 01:07
This thread is just to see what people's experiences are with this. Not a "please diagnose me!" thread! [emoji2]

I have some kind of vestibular disorder that causes off balance feelings amongst others. The diagnosis from an expert otoneurologist in the field is a chronic form of vestibular neuritis or a chronic vestibular (painless, thankfully!) migraine. As I keep going signs point more and more to the latter being my situation.

So as I try to figure out what potential migraine triggers/exacerbators I may have, I have absolutely identified that my symptoms worsen when I am more anxious and/or more stressed. My question for the forum is for people who get "traditional" migraines - do you notice that anxiety and stress cause your migraine symptoms to worsen? If anyone out here actually has VM/MAV feel free to chime in too, but I know traditional migraine is WAY more common. It sounds like there are many parallels between the forms of migraine so wondering if the experience is similar even though the symptoms are different.

And if so, is it more of a gradual buildup of anxiety slowly ramps up the symptoms, possibly even delayed a day or two, or a tipping point and BAM significantly worse?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk