PDA

View Full Version : Chest x-ray causing anxiety

Pip78
04-10-18, 15:28
Hi all, I really was not too sure about posting this detail, but now that I have begun I will if I may continue - A few days ago I visited my doctors surgery because of nasal catarrh lasting over 12 weeks that had following a cold.

He was a new young doctor, who seemed hesitant about what to suggest for me. I have no other symptoms. He asked me if I smoked, I said I gave up smoking over 40 years ago, and never was a heavy smoker, he asked me about asbestos, I said I might have been exposed, but no different from any normal individual- I worked for a building company, but in the office.

He quickly listened to my chest, then said that he would send me for a chest x-ray. Like I say, I have no other symptoms, I might cough 2 or three times a day, and blow my nose two or three times a day just to clear the mucas, which is now almost nothing, and never seen blood. I fast walk for 30 minutes each day, have no difficulty with breathing deeply, and have a very good appetite. Even so, I cannot lift my mood, just waiting for the result of the x-ray, which I am told will take 2 weeks.

Katie55
04-10-18, 15:57
Can't really comment on why he would send you for a chest x-ray for nasal catarrh but if anything shows on your x-ray you would find out a lot quicker than 2 weeks! No news really s good news. There are some really good herbal catarrh remedies and maybe it's worth trying an anti-histamine to see if you're allergic to anything. Good luck.

Pip78
04-10-18, 16:56
Thank you for your reply Katie, I know that I am the worlds worst worrier, that goes back a long way. But I was surprised as I had seen another doctor at the same practice 3 weeks earlier, and she just waved me away, saying "It'l just go away". I will try for some catarrh remedies that you suggest, and thank you again for taking the trouble to reply to me, my best wishes to you Pip

Mumzy
04-10-18, 20:53
Maybe ring your GP surgery and ask if they have the results yet. Both times I’ve had an X-ray I’ve rang the next day and received the results

Pip78
04-10-18, 21:49
Thank you Mumzy - I did just that this afternoon, but was told that it was taking 3 weeks for x-ray results to be returned to the surgery at the moment. Mind you, this is NHS Wales, and there have been times in the past when the service has not seemed to be as good as other authorities. But thank you Mumzy for your suggestion. Pip