PDA

View Full Version : Bad taste in mouth for days

hbug2416
04-10-18, 19:06
I've had a bad taste in my mouth for three days now. It's almost soapy, or medicinal. And my throat is a little scratchy in the same area. It's like in the very back of my throat. I've never experienced a bad taste last longer than a few hours. I don't think I have any dental health issues - I floss daily and brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, and don't have any bleeding or redness in my gums. Any idea what would cause this taste? And how to get it to go away? I did just get through a bout of tonsillitis. My family says either sinus drainage or acid reflux but I've never had this problem before and of course Google says much, much worse (including possibly a stroke?!?!?).

Fishmanpa
04-10-18, 19:31
With the recent tonsil issues, tonsil stones perhaps? My wife gets them and gets a nasty taste in her mouth as well as a feeling of something irritating.

Positive thoughts

ErinKC
04-10-18, 21:40
I've been dealing with the same thing and my doctor thinks sinus or acid reflux as well. I just had a sinus infection, but also sometimes get reflux. For me, it comes and goes - it'll be there for a day or two, then stop only to return the next day. It could definitely be reflux for you, especially with the scratchy throat. I don't get heartburn with my reflux. Mine stays in my throat area and I'll wake up with a scratchy throat/feel like I have to clear my throat a lot. It could also be tonsil stones, like fishmanpa says.