PDA

View Full Version : Esophageal Cancer... worried

anxietyisreal
05-10-18, 04:39
I'm a 24 year old female with bad health anxiety/GAD... When I was a baby, I had bad acid reflux and had to sleep in a sling that kept me upright the first year I was born. Recently, I have had this irritated sore throat that won't really go away. I finally went to the ENT and he did the scope just down my throat a little bit and saw a lot of inflammation. He thinks that I have GERD and LPR. This was about a month and a half ago. I have totally changed my diet and lifestyle. Also, I am in shape and don't smoke that much unless in a social setting maybe once a month. I did drink a lot until recently because I've decided to deal with my mental health finally.

Anyway, I've been having these dull chest pains in my upper left chest area lately. I also burp up my food pretty much every time I eat even with the new diet! I'm so worried that I've had GERD my whole life without realizing it, and that now it's developed to esophageal cancer. I still have a sore throat too. I am making an appointment with a GI doctor but I'm kind of freaking out. I have pretty much every symptom of esophageal cancer! I don't know what to do but I can't think about anything else. I'm so worried. Could it just be GERD? What if I left my symptoms too long and it's cancer?

Scass
05-10-18, 06:25
Yes it’s very likely it’s GERD. Did your doctor give you any medication or suggestions on how to deal with this?

SO many babies have reflux when they are tiny and don’t go on to have problems. But also, SO many people with anxiety have GERD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk