PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when it's time to go on medicine for anxiety?

BamaGirl
06-10-18, 15:12
Hello all. Usually healthy 26 year old female here. Ive had anxiety starting at 13 with panic attacks. I remember I was afraid to go back to school cause there was this mean girl there and thats what triggered them. Anyways doctors didnt want me on meds cause I was so young at the time. They got better and 14 to 19 I maybe had only one panic attack but that was it. At 20 I became anxious because I got with this guy who was begging me for my virginity and once he had it I started to panic about being pregnant then once I got on birth control I started to panic as a side effect of that but it stopped after getting used to it. At 21 my life fell apart and I went through the worst panic ever then woke up one day derealized and dizzy and its ben that way ever since....i can't stop thinkng about my health and my docs have done blood tests but still havent prescribed meds to take. I literally feel like im dying most days but I know I'm not cause it goes away when I'm super distracted. What would you guys think?

Chris24
06-10-18, 22:06
Hi Chelsea,

I think it was about 7 years ago when I was at my lowest the doc gave me sertraline 50mg. They made me feel awful for about 2 weeks. But then I started to feel much better. Sometimes you need to be on meds if you're not coping. They did and have had a very positive effect on my life. I use them daily now and find they work great for me.

BamaGirl
06-10-18, 23:06
Hi Chelsea,

I think it was about 7 years ago when I was at my lowest the doc gave me sertraline 50mg. They made me feel awful for about 2 weeks. But then I started to feel much better. Sometimes you need to be on meds if you're not coping. They did and have had a very positive effect on my life. I use them daily now and find they work great for me.

That's very helpful. Thank you! I literally cant cope anymore. I cant even talk to my coworkers with out feeling like im gonna freak out Lol so hearing this makes me feel more positive about getting them. I tried for years to not have to get them and I coped well but after some extreme stress in my life I was never the same...

odessa
07-10-18, 23:47
Hello all. Usually healthy 26 year old female here. Ive had anxiety starting at 13 with panic attacks. I remember I was afraid to go back to school cause there was this mean girl there and thats what triggered them. Anyways doctors didnt want me on meds cause I was so young at the time. They got better and 14 to 19 I maybe had only one panic attack but that was it. At 20 I became anxious because I got with this guy who was begging me for my virginity and once he had it I started to panic about being pregnant then once I got on birth control I started to panic as a side effect of that but it stopped after getting used to it. At 21 my life fell apart and I went through the worst panic ever then woke up one day derealized and dizzy and its ben that way ever since....i can't stop thinkng about my health and my docs have done blood tests but still haven't prescribed meds to take. I literally feel like im dying most days but I know I'm not cause it goes away when I'm super distracted. What would you guys think?

Hi-
I am 52 years old and just started taking lorazepam. I lost my Daughter , Mom and Father in law within 4 years My Daughter was 8..so much more has happened that has pushed me farther in constant stress/anxiety ...so my advice is when it affects your life so hard it's time.