PDA

View Full Version : Chatroom ideas

Bee
07-10-18, 22:04
Hey All.

As you know No More Panic has a chat room and we are trying to think of ways which we can make it more appealing to members and to bring more members into there as we are a friendly bunch and love to make new friends.

A lot of us read to distract us and to take our minds off how we are feeling, on the basis of this one of our ideas is to run a book club, maybe once a month where we can use the chat room as a base for an online book club.

Another Idea would be to have ‘watch parties’ where we come together and watch a TV programme together…. This would work better with something like ‘The Circle’ ‘Great British Bake off, MasterChef etc anything where is something we can get our teeth into.

Is this something anyone would be interested in doing at all?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do in the chat room to bring new people in? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
NMP Chat Moderator Team.

tamy87
09-10-18, 10:30
Hey All.

As you know No More Panic has a chat room and we are trying to think of ways which we can make it more appealing to members and to bring more members into there as we are a friendly bunch and love to make new friends.

A lot of us read to distract us and to take our minds off how we are feeling, on the basis of this one of our ideas is to run a book club, maybe once a month where we can use the chat room as a base for an online book club.

Another Idea would be to have ‘watch parties’ where we come together and watch a TV programme together…. This would work better with something like ‘The Circle’ ‘Great British Bake off, MasterChef etc anything where is something we can get our teeth into.

Is this something anyone would be interested in doing at all?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do in the chat room to bring new people in? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
NMP Chat Moderator Team.

Hi Bow! I'm in! I like the book club/TV series idea. I also thought it would be nice to organize themed meetings in the chatroom, where we can all talk about the same subject. There should be a moderator who asks questions and guides the meeting though :D

Bee
09-10-18, 16:18
Hi Bow! I'm in! I like the book club/TV series idea. I also thought it would be nice to organize themed meetings in the chatroom, where we can all talk about the same subject. There should be a moderator who asks questions and guides the meeting though :D

Hey Tamy,

Great to see you on board with the book club. I've spoke with the Mod team and we would be more than happy for you to lead a "themed meeting" and would create a separate room for it, please PM me if you would like to go ahead with it and we shall arrange something :)

The Mod Team

Elen
09-10-18, 17:01
love the idea of a book club or tv club

If members wish to host specific thene nights then I am sure that we would do all we could to accomodate.

Keep giving us ideas guys

tamy87
22-10-18, 18:51
Hello everybody! Would you be interested in having a themed meeting in the chatroom sometime next week (maybe Tuesday evening?)? We can choose a topic to discuss about, or I was also thinking of a series of question about success and achievements, since it's always good to put our minds on the positive stuff around us and share them with others as well :)
Looking forward to reading your comments!

Elen
23-10-18, 15:44
Thanks Tamy

Anyone else interested.

Chat is a great place for distraction and a brilliant way to meet new friends.

You can even just come and watch, sometimes that can help so much too.

Elen

Elen
24-10-18, 08:05
No-One interested in getting a distraction from their problems for an hour or so?

Carnation
24-10-18, 12:10
I must admit I don't use the chat room, maybe I should.
I think it is the unknown or who you might face when there. So I think having particular ideas, themes is a good thing. The thought of jumping in and maybe discussing something you might not be comfortable with tends to put me off.
I love all the ideas you have come up with and would be tempted to join in some of them. :)

venusbluejeans
24-10-18, 12:25
I must admit I don't use the chat room, maybe I should.
I think it is the unknown or who you might face when there. So I think having particular ideas, themes is a good thing. The thought of jumping in and maybe discussing something you might not be comfortable with tends to put me off.
I love all the ideas you have come up with and would be tempted to join in some of them. :)

We are a friendly bunch in there and don't bite :D:D The Moderators are in there to make sure it runs smoothly and they are there if there are any problems just PM them on there :)

You don't have to come in and talk, you can come in and watch for a while and only talk about things you feel comfortable with (or you don't have to at all) but in the main chat room we tend to just make it a fun, and light hearted as a distraction.

Would be lovely to see new faces in there

DustingMyselfOff
24-10-18, 16:11
I would LOVE to spend time in the chat room, either on a casual basis or for scheduled meetings, but every time I've gone there, it's empty. Perhaps it's the time zone difference, but the room is always empty when I try to enter.
Sue

Elen
24-10-18, 16:28
I would LOVE to spend time in the chat room, either on a casual basis or for scheduled meetings, but every time I've gone there, it's empty. Perhaps it's the time zone difference, but the room is always hempty when I try to enter.
Sue

It is very much a chicken and egg situation. If people don't go in then others see it empty.

We do have chat people who are based in other time zones, it is a case of catching them on line of course

venusbluejeans
24-10-18, 17:01
It is normally busier in the evening UK time, so mid afternoon US time maybe

DustingMyselfOff
24-10-18, 17:04
It is normally busier in the evening UK time, so mid afternoon US time maybe

Yes, I'm sure that's a big part of the problem: afternoon US time I am at the office and by the time I finally get to relax and have some "me time" everyone in the UK is peacefully (hopefully) sleeping.
Sue

Carnation
24-10-18, 17:54
Thanks Emmz. :)

Scass
25-10-18, 08:22
I keep meaning to come in and will try & remember to. We don’t have to talk about anxiety all the time do we? [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elen
25-10-18, 09:01
I keep meaning to come in and will try & remember to. We don’t have to talk about anxiety all the time do we? [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh goodness no, that would be grim lol

No we talk about anything, and everything. Think of it more as meeting up with friends for a coffee (or drink) and a chat.

Look forward to meeting you all.

superworried
27-10-18, 20:59
Only just seen this thread. Would love to chat with other peeps whilst Strictly is on :)