PDA

View Full Version : White and Geographic tongue. Scared!

Gmusic
08-10-18, 13:28
Hi. I’m a 19 year old female with lupus. I’ve never smoked, some drugs or drank alcohol. So for the past six months or so I’ve developed with I believe (and what everyone else believes) to be a geographic tongue. It’s just smooth red patches on my tongue. Always in the same place right in the middle. However I’ve become more concerned as the last two weeks I’ve noticed my tongue is slightly white and it won’t come off when I brush. Now I’m horrified and convinced myself it is mouth cancer. Can anyone help??

nomorepanic
08-10-18, 13:44
It will be more likely to be thrush than cancer at your age.

Blue23Blent
08-10-18, 14:06
Do you have a photo?

nomorepanic
08-10-18, 14:38
Do you have a photo?

We don't need a photo.

axolotl
08-10-18, 16:01
I believe (and what everyone else believes) to be a geographic tongue.

Who's "everyone else"?

Munchlet
08-10-18, 17:20
I have a geographic tongue have had for about 30 years, mine always has a slight coating that never completely goes, no matter how much brushing or cleaning I do. I think it's fairly common with Georgraphic tongue because of how the cells grow and die off.

Gmusic
08-10-18, 18:38
Ok thank you so much. I think maybe I overreacted. It’s not like my tongue is super white it’s for of a little film or just paler cells in my tongue. Thank you for the reassurance

Kells xx
08-10-18, 19:09
I’ve got it too. It changes and goes away and comes back all the time. If it was mouth cancer you’d know it. See your dentist if you need reassurance x