PDA

View Full Version : Weird happenings on the Site???

Carnation
09-10-18, 18:57
For some strange reason my thread gained nearly 20,000 views last night and KK77's thread was repeated 6 times and gained around 500 views on each one totally 6,000 views by the morning.
I know the Site is popular but that amount is very suspicious!?!
Do we have gremlins?
Carnation. :wacko:

nomorepanic
09-10-18, 20:01
Which threads?

Obviously they are not "real" people looking, they are google bots usually.

Carnation
09-10-18, 20:46
Mine is 'Relapse, coping and symptoms' jumped from about 23, 000 to 42,000 overnight and KK77's is Cbt for panic which is repeated 6 times! Don't know if it affected any others, because I don't know their original totals. It was around midnight last night.
The Forum kept jumping on the screen as well???

nomorepanic
09-10-18, 22:47
KK bumped up 6 posts - he does this sometimes so they are genuine posts. They are all in different forums.

Can't explain your increased views though other than bots for some reason.

Not sure about the forum jumping on the screen either sorry.

Noivous
09-10-18, 23:13
So what are you saying Carnation? There's thousands of Gremlins out there with anxiety issues? Oh my goodness...the poor things:weep:

Carnation
09-10-18, 23:57
Thanks for replying Nicola.
KK77's still had nearly 3000 views overnight, which seemed a bit excessive, but not as excessive as my nearly 20,000.
Just wanted to check that Site was OK from your point of view. I appreciate you coming back to me as you must have a bucket load of things to do. :)
Noivous, I will not feed, water or let my phone have daylight. :D

MyNameIsTerry
10-10-18, 02:03
Thanks for replying Nicola.
KK77's still had nearly 3000 views overnight, which seemed a bit excessive, but not as excessive as my nearly 20,000.
Just wanted to check that Site was OK from your point of view. I appreciate you coming back to me as you must have a bucket load of things to do. :)
Noivous, I will not feed, water or let my phone have daylight. :D

It was ok, you had 3 minutes left to feed them :D...but does that rule include slow digestion or just putting in a Mogwai's mouth :shrug:

I remembering once going in to play a couple of the regular word games to find about 70k watchers in the threads!

Should surely show on the website statistics? A spike in watchers for the day or certain hours? Probably grabbing at the most recent or most popular threads similar to why daily bumping boosts up read counts?

nomorepanic
10-10-18, 10:14
I really can't explain it Carnation. You would think all posts would have increased views wouldn't you and not just a select few?

It is hard to interpret Google Analytics MNIT - I am not sure how to best use it but I doubt we had 20,000 new views on one thread but can't prove it either way.

Carnation
10-10-18, 10:46
Nicola, It will just remain one of those weird happenings in life, just like an anxiety symptom! :wacko: x

Terry, when I used to play the games there was a malfunction on the scoring and it added a million to my score. Now that I was pleased with. :winks: x

nomorepanic
10-10-18, 10:51
I will have a google later and see if I can find anything about vBulletin forums and increased views on a thread and ask Alex if he has seen this sort of thing before and he might be able to look at the stats for me.

It is most odd though.

KK77
10-10-18, 14:03
KK bumped up 6 posts - he does this sometimes so they are genuine posts. They are all in different forums.

I went on a midnight spamming spree but it looks like there are now hundreds of thousands of Google bots all currently working through CBT4Panic modules :wacko:

At least it's helped someone :lac: