PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Cancer worries

JackMUFC
10-10-18, 01:36
Hello,

I am increasingly getting worried about the fact I might have cancer, I am only 16 almost 17. I weigh 59kg (9.2 stone, 130 pounds)

The symptoms I am experiencing are both sides of my inner cheek skin seem thick, I have two small bumps both on each side which have a red spot in the centre of them (no pain). I also have a tingling feeling on one side of my mouth sometimes. The thing that tells me it isn't cancer is that my bite line isn't even and I may bite the inside of my cheeks when eating. I also have very bad oral hygiene which may add to the problems and think I have gum disease as well. I also have some small veiny patches on both sides of my inner cheek. I have had these symptoms for as long as i can remember but having health anxiety has made me notice the thick cheek skin on both sides.

Can someone please tell me there experiences?

Fishmanpa
10-10-18, 02:44
I am increasingly getting worried about the fact I might have cancer, I am only 16 almost 17.

Can someone please tell me there experiences?

Hi Jack... I'm 59 going on 60. I'm an oral cancer warrior and survivor. My experience was one of the toughest I've faced in life. What you describe are anxiety and self examination behaviors and making something out of nothing. That being said, good oral hygiene goes a long way it preventing other oral and dental issues. As far as OC? There's just no chance at your age :lac:

Positive thoughts

NancyW
10-10-18, 02:45
:huh:I also have very bad oral hygiene which may add to the problems and think I have gum disease as well.

I don't get it, oral hygiene is totally in your control.

Sparky16
10-10-18, 03:01
Sounds like normal features of the mouth to me. And matching features on both sides is always a sign of normal stuff. Brush, floss, see your dentist once a year, and don't worry.

JackMUFC
10-10-18, 18:17
Hi Jack... I'm 59 going on 60. I'm an oral cancer warrior and survivor. My experience was one of the toughest I've faced in life. What you describe are anxiety and self examination behaviors and making something out of nothing. That being said, good oral hygiene goes a long way it preventing other oral and dental issues. As far as OC? There's just no chance at your age :lac:

Positive thoughts

I feel much at ease after reading this due to my age but what would the tingly / numbness feeling be on one side of my mouth I get sometimes? It goes away when I eat too.

nhelen79
10-10-18, 20:40
I’m sinking into the same trap right now.
I have what look like a sore yellowish round spot with the area around it red and loo inflamed. I don’t need to google but I know sores shall hurt and this one doesn’t. I’m also panicking over it and my appointment is 2days awAy.