PDA

View Full Version : Exposure

Keep going
22-08-07, 20:06
Hi all, what i finding with my SA is that the more social exposure i experience. the more positivity i feel. even just writing this is making me feel good :D. i'm sure some of us don't agree with this, but i'm finding if i ride out the negativity, you always get positivity afterwards.

Whats your feelings on this?

Stuart:)

CarpeDiem
22-08-07, 20:40
:) Hi Stu :)

I couldn't agree more - I find exactly the same thing.... its just getting out there in the first place! :blush:

Don't downplay how brave you've been to go down the exposure route! :yesyes:
I know I should do more but I talk myself out of it more often than not & just make it out for weddings or once in a lifetime things (although I'm still proud that I can manage that now) but everytime I do I end up thinking "Sh*t - I wish I'd 'practiced' being around people somewhere less important so I'd have been more prepared for today" But then thats typical negative response thinking for you, eh? Ha ha.

Glad you've found something that works for you; keep at it - I'll try & do the same!

Take care, CarpeDiem
xxxxxx

Southern_Belle
29-08-07, 20:53
I agree Stu and I think that goes with everything. If you avoid something that you hate you will tend to keep doing it, for me it was flying and I never went anywhere. Now that I am doing it, although I can't stand it, I am now seeing things I only dreamed of. You just have to dig your heals in and do it. Took me a couple of decades to get here though.

Keep on going with that social exposure for you and it will just get easier!

Laura

Eclipse
02-09-07, 21:57
Hi Stu,
Just read this post & agree with responses you've had.

Several weeks ago I was asked at work to go in on a Saturday morning to give free draw tickets away to win £20.00 'just for coming in the door' from the store I worked for.

I'm so shy it's a joke but - at the offer of time & a half pay & the chance to prove myself - I thought, "shoot, I can do this"!!

I was cringeing the whole time I recited my 'garb' to every customer that came in the door but was determined to prove I was worthy!!!!

I surprised myself, despite how I was dreading people coming in, how well I dealt with the customers & moreso their response to me - they were REALLY AMICABLE but then I realised......they were actually reacting to MY approach!

On the Monday - when I went in to work, I found that I had given away more than twice as many raffle tickets as the manager had on the Sunday and you wouldn't believe what a confidence boost THAT was!!!!

The sad thing was, having chatted to all the people I gave tickets to, the person I'd 'secretly' wanted to win the draw didn't, so - having found this out - I rang their number & dug in my own pocket to let them think they'd won & gave them £20.00 myself..........not to play God or anything but, going on gut reaction rather than 'the lottery of life' winner that was picked, I knew it would mean something to them!!.

My message is, however down or insecure you're feeling, just go for it.....if you can bring a smile to just one person's face.......you're doing good!!!!

Sorry if this is a nonsence reply!!
Best Wishes
Magz
XX