PDA

View Full Version : travelling and anxiety - help!

papa1940
10-10-18, 22:03
Hello, I'm very new here.

I have always had anxiety within me since I was little but this year I have had my 2 god awful panic attacks, which resulted in 2 separate trips to A&E (one being abroad in Germany - which caused even more anxiety).

Ever since then I have found my job very difficult. I work in marketing and sometimes even the thought of having to communicate with someone out with my team sends me into a horrible panic. I have even sabotaged my relationship with my now ex-boyfriend because of my paranoia and anxiety for thinking that he doesn't love or care about me.

I am going traveling around the world in 5 weeks and I am although excited as I have planned this for 3 years, I am terrified my recent increased anxiety is going to ruin this once in a lifetime trip for me :( I can't turn to anyone for help because the first thing they will say is to not go traveling. I can't go to a therapist because the wait time is very long.

Does anyone have tips for dealing with anxiety at work or when travelling?

venusbluejeans
10-10-18, 22:12
Hiya papa1940 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: