PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I have health anxiety.

ScaredyCat91
10-10-18, 23:14
Hi everyone,

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone here.

I am a 27 year old male that has been suffering health anxiety on and off since I became conscious.

Over the past few months I have used this forum to help calm myself out of many situations, and I hope I can be a part of the community and give back something as well.

If I were to go over my entire story of health anxiety I could really use up a lot of everyone's time. Needless to say, my anxiety over my health has put intense strains on my relationship with my fiance, it's made my family increasingly worried about me, and it's made working a full time job a real chore.

It seems that every time I am really beginning to feel better some new symptom will pop up and entirely consume my mind. I spend money constantly going to doctors to figure out what is wrong with me. And it has gotten to the point that a doctor's reassurance often times does not make me feel much better about my current situation at all.

I've thought I've had everything from hantavirus to esophageal cancer, lung cancer, etc.

I wonder if my anxiety stems from having my dad die at a young age as well as 3 out of 4 of my grandparents passes away when I was very young. I really don't know. I don't really have many other anxieties. I can do an interview just fine, I take tests just fine. Sometimes my health doesn't even bother me. But when I get into this state of worrying about my health is utterly consumes me.

This is why I am here to talk to people that also understand what it is like to go through this. Everyone around me understands what anxiety feels like, but none of them worry about their health to the degree that I do so they cannot relate.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and thanks for letting me hang out.

Scaredycat91

venusbluejeans
10-10-18, 23:20
Hiya ScaredyCat91 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: