PDA

View Full Version : Constant Tingling Feeling - Sides of Nose

Bella123
12-10-18, 17:19
Hi Everyone!

Over the last week, I've had a constant feeling of fluttering along the sides of my nostrils and the area on both sides of my nose. I know its probably silly but I'm concerned its parathesia caused by a nerve tumor or brain tumor. I don't have any other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, headaches, etc.

I do have pretty dry skin right now so could it be from that? Has anyone ever had dry skin that feels like its fluttering or prickly?

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

I forgot to mention that I am currently dealing with awful hayfever and seasonal allergies from Ragweed that have caused pressure in my ears, could the allergens be irritating my skin around my nose causing this feeling?

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

Anyone?

Fishmanpa
12-10-18, 17:58
You have a choice of believing this is being caused by seasonal allergies or a brain tumor. which of the two is most likely?

Positive thoughts

Bella123
12-10-18, 21:23
I agree, however does allergic rhinitis or hayfever cause these feelings on your skin? I know you can feel a tickle in your nose, not sure if or how it affects your skin. That's what I am worried about, if this is happening from something else instead.

Bella123
13-10-18, 17:22
Anyone else??

axolotl
13-10-18, 17:41
It's a weird thing isn't it health anxiety? Basically you've got a mild symptom accompanying hay fever which your mind is twisting itself into knots to try and rule out the obvious, benign reason for to keep the fear going.

And even if it's some kind of paresthesia (an "I've been Googling" word if I ever heard one ;) ), anxiety itself is a hugely likely culprit for such things. Far more dramatic tingles than this was my first big health anxiety fear, and that turned out to be caused by nothing more than anxiety.