PDA

View Full Version : My story Back pain and other symptoms new and scared

ScaredBBOY
14-10-18, 00:11
Here’s my story got an anxiety attack out of the blue for the first time in 2013. (Worst year of my life) had all strange symptoms headaches weird twitches and I loss a weight about 15 - 20 pounds in about two months scared I had als ms and all sorts of different things but time went past and I was told it was all anxiety didn’t wanaa take meds so I use my friends and family and a website called anxiety zone to help and I recovered from it and thought I was done with anxiety thing because for four years I was back to my old self.

This is where things get interesting few weeks ago I seen blood where I should never see blood... went to urologist and he did test and told me I was fine it will go away within a few weeks my anxiety went thru the roof I thought I had cancer I went on the scale and seen I lost about 12 pounds. Now the blood has went away but three days ago I have back pain between my shoulder blades and I have move on to another cancer to another I don’t know what to do I try to tell my self all this stuff started after my anxiety but I still think I’m bout to die of some terminal condition ... I have no stomach pain (YET) but I’m burping a whole lot the pain does subsided when I wake in the morning and at other times throughout the day but the pain comes and it raidiates fro left to mostly right shoulder and even feel some numbness in my arms I do 25 to 50 pushups straight jus to make sure their is no weakness ... I have to wait for a month to see my doctor and went twice to the ER but they brush it off and tell me take so pain meds

I’m a crazy or dying or is anxiety back in full effect

Has anyone went through this type of pain before

ScaredBBOY
18-10-18, 08:36
Update went to my doctor she doesn’t really know but think it’s stress did blood test and she sending for an US .... she said it my be a gallbladder problem but I really don’t have any stomach problem it’s jus the pain is right in between my back between my shoulder blades the pain can migrate from left but mostly stay on my right I can’t sleep because I wake up in pain and in panic she gave me anti anxiety meds but I fear meds smh can anybody relate or I’m I jus alone and really have somethin terminal jus need a relatable person need some perspective my US is I. Two weeks I really hope it’s nothin wrong I’m in constant fear

ScaredBBOY
01-11-18, 23:20
So I went to get a ultra sound at the hospital it has me very nervous ... the guy didn’t say anything he kept going over my right rib and i assume to taking pics I asked was everything normal he didn’t give me any answer said the result will be with your doctor and a couple days and that I could leave ...
funny is now I have rib pain and I fear I have pancreas cancer so scared I’m only 28 haven’t even started a family of my own yet ...

nomorepanic
01-11-18, 23:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

BikerMatt
02-11-18, 01:50
The guy doing the ultrasound will be going around your right ribs as that's where your gallbladder and bile ducts are, they'll be checking for stones. Normally when you have an abdo ultrasound the check your pancreas and kidneys too.

In answer to your question, yes gallbladder can cause pain between your shoulder blades but it could also be caused by reflux. If you eat something high in fat and your pain increases then it could indicate a gallbladder problem. Other symptoms of gallbladder are nausea, light coloured stools, bloating, right rib pain, upper right stomach pain. I'm being tested for gallbladder problems and when mine started it was pain between my shoulder blades but now have lots of other symptoms.

It could be other things, like i said acid reflux or IBS. See what your ultrasound results say.

Good Luck

AlwaysAfraid11
02-11-18, 09:17
Update went to my doctor she doesn’t really know but think it’s stress did blood test and she sending for an US .... she said it my be a gallbladder problem but I really don’t have any stomach problem it’s jus the pain is right in between my back between my shoulder blades the pain can migrate from left but mostly stay on my right I can’t sleep because I wake up in pain and in panic she gave me anti anxiety meds but I fear meds smh can anybody relate or I’m I jus alone and really have somethin terminal jus need a relatable person need some perspective my US is I. Two weeks I really hope it’s nothin wrong I’m in constant fear

I have gallstones (with a removal coming up), my stomach rarely, if ever hurts. My pain was mostly heart burn, midback/shoulder pain and chest pain.
I also had blood in my urine (non-visible thounk).

ScaredBBOY
02-11-18, 11:18
Thanks BikerMatt and AlwaysAfraid11 I also have Gilbert’s syndrome I was diagnosed with it in 2010 from jus a random blood test screening... doctor told me they is no medicine because it’s not life threatening and doesn’t have any symptoms.. recently I had stool very light tan colored and that scared me also it had gotten lil darker tho so it calm me down had throat problems so that took my mind to throat cancer smh back pain had subside a lot but now that the rib discomfort is came the back pain is back I just pray everything is okay I really wanna start a family and live life

ScaredBBOY
02-11-18, 17:59
What scaring me the most now is the weight loss I have lost 12-15 pounds in a months time I cut out all sugar drinks and I haven’t had any red meat but that’s still a lot of weight in one month so scared
Fear adds the pain pain adds the fear and the saga continues

BikerMatt
02-11-18, 20:57
I lost 8 stone between January 2017 and June 2017. Yep in under 6 months, 8 stone and my GP still didn't give a crap. He eventually referred me to a gastro at the start of June 2017, but i got that expetited by another GP a week later after i had lost another 1.5 stone in 3 weeks and my GP had done a std referral 16 week wait. I met the Gastro and he was just plain ignorant. I had a CT of my thorax, abdo and chest at the end of June and waited until mid August for my results, yep over 6 weeks and this was only via letter to say nothing was found and i was being discharged. Yep, discharged after one CT scan and totally uncaring that i'd had pain between my shoulder blades since Oct 2016, right rib pain since January 2017 which gets worse after eating, nausea since March 2017, light coloured stools since March 2017, dark urine since March 2017, severe bloating since March 2017, my pain between my shoulder blades became extreme in March 2017 and as i said 8 stone weight loss in under 6 months.

I had to hassle my hospital/the gastro from Aug 2017 until October 2017 with all my ongoing symptoms and eventually the gastro ordered an ultrasound which showed a thickened gallbladder wall and stone, so the gastro referred me for surgery, no apology, nothing! I waited until Feb 28th (3 months) to meet the surgery team who were going to take it out but wanted an endoscopy and MRCP scan 1st. I waited until the end of March 2018 for my MRCP and 7 weeks for the results when i met the surgery team again, the MRCP showed nothing so i was referred back to the gastro dept and that took 6 months. I saw them 2 weeks ago and it was a different gastro and he was great. He said he thinks it sounds like gallbladder and i'm having a load of blood tests, giving a stool sample, another ultrasound and a HIDA scan, which i asked for June 2017 and is 100% definitive.

The reason you lose weight is the gallbladder is a massive part of your digestive system and if you have stones or it's not working properly you don't digest your food and nutrients properly.

I cant even have a bite of chocolate, a couple of chips, milk etc without a massive increase in pain.

Sorry i vented a bit there.

ScaredBBOY
03-11-18, 02:23
Wow BIKERMIKE sorry you had to go through all that it’s good to know ppl have went through this craziest part about all this is when I was worry about my throat my back pain subside a lot soon as my neck fears went away and the guy was going over my right rib the the scan I got so scared at how he was lookin at the screen as if he had seen somethin wrong never had much rib discomfort til I left the scan ... I’ve been burping all day and the back pain today is at a all time high it even goes into my shoulders had stomach pain today lasted for about an hour pain wasn’t too bad but it was on the right side and scared me ... jus keep praying and hoping it’s somethin I could live with

ScaredBBOY
04-11-18, 18:24
Really a bad day for for me today ... woke up with pain in my right side back and it’s constant I down to 15 pounds of weight lost in 40 days was burping all yesterday now the pain is in my mid back on the right side scared I have some type of cancer don’t know what to do .. I wanna run to the ER but I know I get the usual it can be muscle pain or somethin else they’ll give me some anti inflammatory or some ibuprofen and send me on my way
Waiting on my scan to come back ... if it’s gallbladder pain or acid reflux why am I feeling this and I haven’t ate anything all day trying to get this pranceas cancer thing out my head but it’s really hard

eshu55
04-11-18, 23:54
If it makes you feel any better I am going through the same thing now; I have intermittent pain in my right ribs, all down my back on the right side, and sometimes on the left side too. There's a painful spot, no lumps or anything on my bottom right rib when I press it, and a very tight spot sort of opposite it on the back where the shoulder blade muscles join the long muscle that goes alongside the spine (where I often have pain, from bad posture). I have been also told I have very very tight muscles, and have had the pain before in the very same area. I started panicking when after a week, it didn't go away (even though I have lots of more likely explanations for it, like resuming kayaking and swimming, hitting that area hard when I fell off the kayak and tried to get back on (scared of sharks), driving which always gives me backache, my dog pulling too hard on the leash, anxiety (duh) and it comes and goes, and doesn't hurt at night...well, only if I wake up and start thinking about it, and then I'd rate it about a 1-2 on the pain scale) and I am fit, have lots of energy, no jaundice, had bloods done 6 months ago and they were all perfectly normal, etc. However, someone I know has just been diagnosed (too scared even to say the word) and now I am panicking that I also have it (though I have zero in common with the person, either genetic or environmental (she was a heavy drinker and smoker), and all my deceased relatives have gone from heart disease not C... My problem is, as soon as I start going through a new anxiety episode, I can't eat and lose weight quite quickly, so worry even more (vicious circle). I have just gone back on Zoloft rather than bother my doctor (the last time I had the exact same symptoms, my doctor did all liver etc tests and told me it was muscle strain and anxiety and I should get a dog...which I did :-)!) I don't know if this helps you. I am resisting going to the doctor as it is so mild and comes and goes...[COLOR="blue"]

ScaredBBOY
05-11-18, 22:13
Got my results back doctor said I do have Gallstones but he said he doesn’t think it’s causing my back problem he said base on the ultrasound my Pancreas looks fine a little reassuring but the back pain is still here and I have no clue the reason especially for the pain in between my shoulderblades im trying not to google because everything will point me in the direction of PC my new biggest fear ... I was really fine 2 weeks ago

ScaredBBOY
30-11-18, 14:00
Update : last week I was really feeling fine I didn’t have to work because of the holiday and everything was okay I thought I was getting back to my old self
Now this week went back to work and my back pain is back and it’s brung along right and left rib pain.. I also now have chest pains which bring on new fears chest pains jus like the back pain comes and goes it’s so hard to believe it’s all anxiety but then I think how do I go from one week feeling fine to the next back in a aching mood all over sometimes the pain goes into my shoulders both sides I recently had a cold but it lasted for about three day but didn’t have any pain with the cold .... chest and back pains are scaring me and I feel that it’s something wrong that with me ... looking for relateable replies that’s all