PDA

View Full Version : Stomach worries please read

Panicpro
14-10-18, 07:41
Hi all,

For the last couple of weeks I have been feeling very off digestive wise. Strange symptoms such as nausea, Diarrhea, bloating, feeling full etc have sprung up and I’m sure my health anxiety is not helping.

I haven’t had a menstrual cycle in over four years but the doctors all seem to be confident all is okay. I am absolutely terrified that these new digestive symptoms are hinting towards ovarian cancer. I am only 18 and otherwise in good health, but very worried.

The symptom I am most panicked about is honestly the fullness in my stomach, it feels like there’s a rock in my stomach. Anyone with a similar experience please help to calm my fears.

vicky23
14-10-18, 14:04
It seems much more likely that your digestive system is messed up because of the anxiety. It really is a vicious circle. We feel anxious which produces symptoms like digestive upset so we feel anxious about that which produces more symptoms!
Loads of people get similar feelings, just look in the stomach issues section of this forum! It really can be distressing but in terms of anything more serious going on it's very unlikely.

Of course the only way to be sure would be to go to the Dr and they will perform tests if they think necessary.

Best wishes