PDA

View Full Version : Petechiae - My Journey - Don't Panic :)

BoxFridge
15-10-18, 15:12
Hey Forum,

I am new here but I thought I would share my Journey over last 4 weeks regarding Anxiety and Petechiae, I am very active so this hit me for six.

I am 28 and suffered with health anxiety since I was 17/18 and I am finally going do something about it, 4 weeks ago I went out drinking and consumed quite a bit, the following day I had red/purple spots all over my feet and started to freak out but didn't go to the doctors because I was scared of what it might be as it wasn't blanching.

The rash was the only symptom I had to start with, I went away from home for a conference for two days and the rash on both feet was getting worse and I started to get aching legs, at this point I went to a walk in centre which they took a look at the rash and did a urine dip test and advised they weren't concerned.

The rash kept fading and coming back after a few days in various parts of the body, I started googling this symptom and it came up with horrific diseases and I thought my fate was sealed, I started to get other symptoms because I was googling them, its strange how powerful the mind is.

Due to stress of not knowing what it was and what I thought it might be I became very fatigue, pounding heart, burning skin sensations, muscle/bone pain, sweaty palms and feet, block nose, tinnitus and random aches across the whole the body, tight chest, mood swings, dizziness and light headed.

I went to the doctor during this time and had the following tests:

- Chest Xray - Normal

- Complete Blood Count - Normal

- Urine Test - Normal

After I received these results within a few hours all these symptoms cleared up.

I am now being referred to Dermatology as we suspect its alcohol/food allergy or an issue that arised weeks after I had penicillin for tonsillitis.

In these scenarios its always best to check with a doctor and have tests to determine the issues despite your fears, googling your symptoms are good to extent but for those who suffer from health anxiety it can soon escalate into something that isn't really happening and trigger further physical symptoms.

I thought I would share my journey :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D