PDA

View Full Version : Scared Gonna Have Attack At Alter

michelleann
23-08-07, 08:12
MORNING EVERYONE.
REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS ONE.
NEXT JUNE ME AND MY PARTNER ARE GETTING MARRIED AFTER 10 YEARS TOGETHER. [THE MAIN REASON I HAVENT SAID YES BEFORE IS SILLY BUT TRUE I KNOW IS THAT IM SCARED IM GONNA HAVE A PANIC ATTACK AT THE ALTER WHILE EVERONE IS LOOKING AT ME] BUT IVE NOW DECIDED TO GO FOR IT BUT ONLY GETTING MARRIED AT REGISTER OFFICE SO ONLY A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE CAN COME THERS ONLY ABOUT 20 PEOPLE AT THE CEROMONY I DONT MIND THE EVENING THERES ABOUT 120 PEOPLE AT NIGHT BUT THE DAY IS REALLY FREAKING ME OUT. MY PARTNER THINKS THE DAY DO IS BECAUSE I ONLY WANT AN ITIMATE CEROMONY BUT THE REAL REASON IS THAT IM SCARED IM GOING TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK WHILE THEY ARE ALL LOOKING AT ME:weep: I FEEL ALL SWEATY NOW JUST THINKING ABOUT IT HAS ANYONE GOT MARRIED WHILE FEELING REALLY ANXIOUS AND HAS ANY ADVICE FOR ME. LOTS OF LOVE MICHELLE XXX

jodie
23-08-07, 09:22
hi michell

i got married to my hubby afer 11 years 2 years ago i was feeling just like you i was a mess couldny sleep befor it felt sick ect ,but on the day i knew i had to do it i got in the place and it was so fast didnt have chance to panic much at all wedding arnt that long anymore realy .
i used to do church accounts and have been in the office when people have booked weddings i know we had one girl who was very panicy and she asked if he wedding could be shorter coz of her panic and they did do that for her i mean not a lot shorter just mabe a couple of hyms cut out ect .
i am sure on the day you will be fine hun i was so panicy befor and when i got there the whole thing went so fast and i enjoyed it .

jodie x

michelleann
23-08-07, 11:14
thanks jodie for your reply, ive already gone for the shortest ceromony i think i just say i do and thats it lol.
i know if i keep thinking im going to have a panic attack then i proberly will i know its all about positive thinking but im struggeling to swap my thoughts. im just scared of that feeling of i carnt do this and i want to run but i know i carnt and everyones looking at me ive never had a attack in front of someone before as i always hide even my hubby to be as never seen me have one before hes seen the build up to one but then i go in bathroom or bedroom and calm myself down, and bless him he always queues for me but he doesnt understand it fully well no one does apart from all us lot:)
i am really looking forward to it and sure ill be fine and just squeeze his hand that little bit tighter:D xxx

jodie
23-08-07, 12:58
hi michelle

i know what you mean all the thoughts that you get to the build up of it i was at my worst when i got wed and even on the morning was thinking ok im not doing this but realy when you get there is all gose so so fast no time to think omg can i ,or right im and rnning right now lol i know it is hard but try not to even think about it just put it to the back of your mind and enjoy all the planing ect i mean you can allways ask for a few practice runs first ,it might help some .i know you will be fine hun i was there like you panicy and when it was over i was thinking omg that went so fast lol

jodie xx

weaser
26-08-07, 17:52
My advice is to let the people around you know what's really going on. Make sure they know you have a genuine medical condition. Anxiety, panic, and depression can seem to people who haven't experienced it like something you can shake off whenever you want. You go through moments where the whole world is crashing down around you. You can't stop it and it's not your fault. Those moments pass and you're fine. Show them a respected medical website that describes the condition like the Mayo clinic site. Let them know that being trapped in a situation where you can't leave triggers the condition. Make sure they know that even a perceived trap, like one where you would be embarrassed to leave, can trigger the condition. I'm sure they'll understand.

It may seem like a terrible situation but it's not. Just knowing that the people around you understand that this is a medical condition that can happen to you (and happens to a lot of people) should help put you at ease for the ceremony. If you are still concerned, perhaps your doctor could give you some medication to calm you down for the day. Just don't drink alcohol if you take medication. It's a small sacrifice to make to enjoy your wedding day.

Hope everything goes well for you.