PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Blood cancer/lymphoma scare

KR95
16-10-18, 01:03
I suffer from really bad health anxiety, it has been getting more severe over the past few weeks and I'm struggling to find a moment when I'm not actually anxious.

I've had stabbing pains over my body which come and go randomly, some days they don't really appear and others they are frequent.

I have just found some very small (no bigger than a pin tip) reddish spots on my legs, probably about 10 of them. I've now convinced myself I have blood cancer or lymphoma.

Can somebody please help me feel better and tell me to stop being so ridiculous?

---------- Post added 16-10-18 at 01:03 ---------- Previous post was 15-10-18 at 23:15 ----------

anyone?

forbiddenxo
16-10-18, 01:37
Those little dots are normal I have HA about the same thing and I have many little pin head size red dots. My mom does too and my aunt and my friend lol I know when I google it says leukemia and stuff, but no. I think that’s when they are maybe big or something.

KR95
16-10-18, 02:12
Those little dots are normal I have HA about the same thing and I have many little pin head size red dots. My mom does too and my aunt and my friend lol I know when I google it says leukemia and stuff, but no. I think that’s when they are maybe big or something.

Thank you for your response! That really helped me, thank you. Do you tend to get physical symptoms of HA? If so, what do they tend to be?

Fishmanpa
16-10-18, 02:31
Do you tend to get physical symptoms of HA? If so, what do they tend to be?

Here's a pretty extensive list of symptoms (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) and there are plenty more.

Positive thoughts

Catfishguy
16-10-18, 06:03
I recently had this fear but my bloods were completely fine, I think the red dots are more common than the internet wants us to think but non health anxious people probably don't worry about them at all.

Shadowhawk
16-10-18, 11:46
I recently had this fear but my bloods were completely fine, I think the red dots are more common than the internet wants us to think but non health anxious people probably don't worry about them at all.
I do believe you are right.

Keep in mind that HA sufferers pay far more attention to their bodies than typical people, and will notice any difference or imperfection (and sadly, treat it as a malignancy) that others would not see or ignore. WE all have these spot, dots and lumps, but most people ignore them since they take them for granted.

KR95
16-10-18, 12:02
I do believe you are right.

Keep in mind that HA sufferers pay far more attention to their bodies than typical people, and will notice any difference or imperfection (and sadly, treat it as a malignancy) that others would not see or ignore. WE all have these spot, dots and lumps, but most people ignore them since they take them for granted.

Thank you so much for the reassurance. I know you're right its just hard admitting to myself that I should chill out about it! Hopefully I can sort this soon.

BoxFridge
16-10-18, 12:19
Hi,

I recently went this issue, I have spots that come and go, quite a few and mostly on the feet, i have had all the tests under the sun, CBC test which came back normal, chest xray is normal and urine test is normal.

I started googling symptoms and I started to get them, they gone since I have had the test results

I always find its best to go to doctor if you concerned, I wouldn't worry about them.

refreshingsanity
16-10-18, 14:34
i had this worry back in january... sorta do rn since i have a swollen lymph node under jaw but ill tell you what happened back in january. i had a swollen node on my mastoid bone? (i think thts the bone) and immediately thought lymphoma or leukemia. i was freaking out since at times i felt like it was getting bigger some days:huh: along with this i noticed those tiny red dots (which i still have!!some just dont go away and theyre normal, even have one on my stomach!) i would also sweat a lot and itch and would get random shooting pains in areas where lymph nodes were located (armpit, collarbone, etc). so went to my doctor, she seemed worried and wanted to check it out. she only raised my worries since she seemed concerned. so went and did tests, a week after, got the all clear! and immediately then my symptoms disappeared! but i understand how stressful the worry could be, i was extremely worried because a close friend had cancer and it came back around that time i had the scare so it was all just very worrying but i turned out fine. well obviously having anxieties about other issues rn, but main thing im trying to say is youre fine! hugs

Elen
16-10-18, 14:50
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Mocky444
16-10-18, 15:15
I have leaukemia but ages ago i had those little raised red dots but never thought anythinf of em to be honest.. Petichaie i think there calles pardon the spelling.. Since being diagnosed i have a lot more of those now but they are very small.. So basically i had these when i didnt have cancer and when i have.. So its probably nothing to worry about.

KR95
17-10-18, 00:27
i had this worry back in january... sorta do rn since i have a swollen lymph node under jaw but ill tell you what happened back in january. i had a swollen node on my mastoid bone? (i think thts the bone) and immediately thought lymphoma or leukemia. i was freaking out since at times i felt like it was getting bigger some days:huh: along with this i noticed those tiny red dots (which i still have!!some just dont go away and theyre normal, even have one on my stomach!) i would also sweat a lot and itch and would get random shooting pains in areas where lymph nodes were located (armpit, collarbone, etc). so went to my doctor, she seemed worried and wanted to check it out. she only raised my worries since she seemed concerned. so went and did tests, a week after, got the all clear! and immediately then my symptoms disappeared! but i understand how stressful the worry could be, i was extremely worried because a close friend had cancer and it came back around that time i had the scare so it was all just very worrying but i turned out fine. well obviously having anxieties about other issues rn, but main thing im trying to say is youre fine! hugs

Hi, thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. Glad to hear you're doing well now and I'm glad everything turned out okay.

Have your shooting pains stopped? What did you find was the best method for you?

I went out with some friends this evening, I noticed that when my mind was off of the worries etc of health anxiety the shooting pains had stopped. I'm guessing its all in my head, but its difficul to rationalise that as so, you know. thank you so much though, i really appreciate this thoughtful message back to me!

All the best!

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

I have leaukemia but ages ago i had those little raised red dots but never thought anythinf of em to be honest.. Petichaie i think there calles pardon the spelling.. Since being diagnosed i have a lot more of those now but they are very small.. So basically i had these when i didnt have cancer and when i have.. So its probably nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your message. All the best with your treatment and I hope all goes well.

refreshingsanity
17-10-18, 01:20
yes theyve improved! it was truly only when i thought about them or focused that i would be able to feel them. i was in school at the time too, so that also gave me the inability to freak out since i was in class. :)