PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get sharp leg and arm pain??

KR95
15-10-18, 00:05
I keep getting this feeling of pressure on the front of my neck/underside of jaw. I've heard it could be my lymph nodes but they are not swollen (at least they don't feel swollen). The pressure-feeling comes and goes, and it's not enough for me to stop what I'm doing in pain.

I've also had random shooting pains all over my body which also come and go, I have managed to convince myself these too are physical symptoms of anxiety.

Equally, I do suffer rather severely from Health Anxiety and have been feeling very depressed/anxious for the past few months (recent graduate) so I believe this could be a contributing factor. I do seem to fixate on how my body is feeling and find myself googling things a lot.

I'm having to convince myself its not cancer of some kind.

Could anybody weigh in on this please?

Thanks!

nomorepanic
15-10-18, 00:06
Hi

Have you seen a doctor about this?

KR95
15-10-18, 00:12
Hi

Have you seen a doctor about this?

A few months ago, yes. They said it was stress-related. But I'm worried, wanted to know if anyone had something similar.

nomorepanic
15-10-18, 00:17
Well you are posting on an anxiety forum so I guess you know it is stress/anxiety causing it deep down.

KR95
16-10-18, 01:29
Anyone else?

Fishmanpa
16-10-18, 01:33
I agree with Nic on this. You know you have anxiety and are rationalizing that in your post. I think you know exactly what's going on. What have you done previously to alleviate your worries?

Positive thoughts

KR95
16-10-18, 07:46
I've noticed I've been getting sharp leg and arm pain recently. This isn't accompanied with any other symptoms (night sweats, pain when moving etc). The pain tends to last from a few seconds to a minute before going away again.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I suffer from HA and I've been feeling very worried/anxious recently.

Elen
16-10-18, 08:02
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

KR95
16-10-18, 09:18
I agree with Nic on this. You know you have anxiety and are rationalizing that in your post. I think you know exactly what's going on. What have you done previously to alleviate your worries?

Positive thoughts

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I normally can rationalise things much more easily than I am able to now. I didn't really have any coping mechanisms in the past, I sort of waited until the symptoms stopped (which they always did). But I think because I've just graduated from uni, and consequently have been less busy and stressed with the job hunt and having more time to think, this has made my symptoms a lot worse. Plus I haven't been very active recently either, which is potentially a reason for this leg pain.