View Full Version : Back with a vengeance..

DNQNYC
16-10-18, 15:43
Just going to get right into this and hope someone can offer some advice..

I’ve been dealing with anxiety and panic for 3 years now, last year it hit its peak and I started on Xanax, which helped tremendously at first, but as we all know with benzos, they’re just a bandaid and eventually you need more and more if it. I requested that my doctor start reducing my dosage and eventually got off it it as I was feeling better, I took my last dose on July 11th if this year.

I was feeling really good, and went on a vacation with some friends to Los Angeles for 5 days, last day there was pretty stressful and led to me cutting ties with one of those friends. 3 days after I got back, I had an intense panic attack while relaxing at night..it’s been hell ever since and it’s been getting worse. I have at least 3 panic attack’s a day, sometimes in the middle of the night too. I start to feel uneasy, my diaphragm tightens, I start feeling faint and then the uncontrollable trembling starts. This is nothing new to me, but it seems worse every time it happens. I’ve also been really nauseous for the past 4 days.

Today was probably the worst, I got up to get some water and got really lightheaded, went back to my room and had this overwhelming feeling that I was going to pass out, stronger than I’ve ever felt. My heart started racing, my hands felt hot and numb..it lasted for maybe 4 seconds but it was absolutely terrifying.

I have health anxiety since losing my father to a heart attack 6 years ago, I watched him pass out and die, and I have this phobia of fainting now, and this fear that I have a heart issue going on, even though I’ve been to doctors, had blood tests and EKGs and no one was ever concerned.

I’m finding it harder and harder lately to relax because of this, I guess I just need to vent it out.