PDA

View Full Version : Another ALS post...

OG
17-10-18, 00:18
Bit of a strange one this.

It feels like I’ve seen more and more ALS/MND cases in the news recently, in people of a range of ages including 30-ish

I’m currently 25 and not worried about currently having ALS, but I am freaking out about the possibility of developing it. I know it’s not a way to live your life worring about what might happen, but obviously not rational to the way you think sometimes with HA.

My HA convinced myself that I will develop a serious illness while young, and as I have a bad habit of chewing plastic (just about anything - pens, plastic spoon ends etc) I am convinced I’ve f*cked myself up with chemicals etc. Sounds so stupid but hard to get out of the mindset

My muscles feel weak at times (mostly left arm) and I do get body twitches, but trying to put my mind that it’s down to anxiety - always trying to keep in kind “it’s about failing not feeling”

Can anyone else relate?

Desha34
17-10-18, 00:55
I’m currently deep in the ALS rabbit hole. But since you’re having such minimal symptoms I feel comfortable reminding you what a rare disease it is, especially as young as you are! I wish I could talk so reasonably to myself, lol!