PDA

View Full Version : Bodily Sensations Obsessions

lblove
17-10-18, 02:45
Hi All - Over the past 2 weeks I've had this right abs/oblique/side sensation or feeling, it is not pain and does seem to come and go. I workout a lot so it is probably 100% muscle strain but I cannot let it go... surprise surprise. I am super focused on every right side sensation these days and of course comparing that to my left side and poking and prodding. I can't tell anymore what is normal and what is that feeling. I feel like if I forget about it I don't notice it. How can I stop focusing on this, it is driving me batty. My dad died of pancreatic cancer so I am always HYPER focused on anything relating to the right side. I feel like I will be like this forever...what are good ways to let it go I feel like if a normal person had this they wouldn't think 2 thoughts about it.

Hypomania
14-11-18, 19:50
Hi All - Over the past 2 weeks I've had this right abs/oblique/side sensation or feeling, it is not pain and does seem to come and go. I workout a lot so it is probably 100% muscle strain but I cannot let it go... surprise surprise. I am super focused on every right side sensation these days and of course comparing that to my left side and poking and prodding. I can't tell anymore what is normal and what is that feeling. I feel like if I forget about it I don't notice it. How can I stop focusing on this, it is driving me batty. My dad died of pancreatic cancer so I am always HYPER focused on anything relating to the right side. I feel like I will be like this forever...what are good ways to let it go I feel like if a normal person had this they wouldn't think 2 thoughts about it.

Whoa, it's almost like I could have written this post.

If you look through my recent threads you'll see a hysterical person worried about pancreatic cancer.

My fear actually stemmed from slightly abnormal blood tests that have since returned to normal. But it caused me to focus on my right abdomen in the same area you describe. I was fine, then I hear that my liver enzymes are slightly high, then I all of the sudden feel a "tightness" or "fullness" in my right abdomen. This lead me to believe I had an enlarged liver, because of some cancerous growth.

Well, just like you, I hyper focus on it and constantly compare it with my left side, and I spent A LOT of time poking, prodding, sucking in my stomach to try and feel under my ribs, etc etc. Obviously this makes it worse. And, also like you, if I become really preoccupied with something else, I don't seem to notice it, but I bring my attention back, and there it is, the weird tight sensation.

I wish I had advice as to how to let it go. I'm trying, but I have a pretty obsessive form of HA, so it's a battle for sure.