PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like "myself" again

Katie55
18-10-18, 17:53
I've had fairly well controlled high blood pressure for several years and took the max dose of ramipril and also amlodipine. I hated the latter as it made my ankles swell and gave me palpitations (well documented side effects but due to HA I imagined them to be due to heart failure/kidney failure- you name it). After a few good bp readings including a 24 reading the doc told me to discontinue amlodipine and switch the ramipril from night to morning. Palpitations have stopped, ankle swelling is less (she said it can take a couple of weeks for it to go completely). The two days I took the ramipril in the morning I was spaced out for a few hours so that's going back to bedtime! I'm starting to feel like me again and wondered if anyone else has had experienced the same effects when taking these 2 drugs

Anxiousamyj
18-10-18, 20:54
I don't have any experience with what you've been through, medication wise, but just wanted to say that I love seeing these positive posts! I don't think they get enough attention. Happy you're feeling better!

Katie55
18-10-18, 22:52
Thank you!