View Full Version : My daughter has had a fever on and off for 6 days

Imaleopard
19-10-18, 00:33
She has asthma too and seems to be having trouble clearing mucus from her chest. I’m just so concerned it’s something like leukemia or lymphoma. A week prior, she had a weird virus that was giving her hives, but that went away. Maybe the doctor was wrong and it wasn’t hives!? It did go away with Zyrtec and is now gone, but now this new cold. She feels better when she throws up all the mucus. She’s at the doctor now with my husband, can someone relate or give me peace of mind?! I’m spiraling....

nomorepanic
19-10-18, 13:57
How did you get to leukemia or lymphoma from a cold and possible chest infection?

lofwyr
19-10-18, 14:17
Hives to lymphoma is a massive leap. Sick for a week is nothing, be sure you are not over monitoring, kids can and do pick up on that. She has an actual chest cold, you know that, so echoing nomorepanic, how did your anxiety take you straight to deadly cancers? I imagine she will have an antibiotic and in another week or so be fine.

fidgetninja
19-10-18, 14:22
I understand your concerns (I have a toddler, and I've had those concerns myself). My son was ALWAYS getting sick, and sometimes the fever would last on and off for at least a week. His doctor told me, however, that those viruses can take at LEAST ten days to two weeks to go away. Kids pick up all sorts of illnesses, especially this time of year, and they can pick them up back to back. I would trust your doctor - I'm sure your daughter is okay.