PDA

View Full Version : Flying anxiety. Flown many times but recently started to get scared

scared88
20-10-18, 01:17
SO I've flown many many times. I have a flight coming up Sunday morning from Iceland to Berlin. The forecast on the morning I fly out calls for winds 10m/s which is around 22 miles per hour. I've flown in that weather before and it's been bumpy so I'm expecting bumps.

Flying never used to bother me until 3 years ago I had a slight bumpy approach into the airport after a very smooth flight. Ever since that I've had terrible anticipatory anxiety about hitting turbulance and playing worst case scenarios over and over again in my head.
How can I stop this and get back to normal? I've tried many things.
Any tips from others in the same situation?

scared88
20-10-18, 18:33
Anyone?

phil06
20-10-18, 19:33
SO I've flown many many times. I have a flight coming up Sunday morning from Iceland to Berlin. The forecast on the morning I fly out calls for winds 10m/s which is around 22 miles per hour. I've flown in that weather before and it's been bumpy so I'm expecting bumps.

Flying never used to bother me until 3 years ago I had a slight bumpy approach into the airport after a very smooth flight. Ever since that I've had terrible anticipatory anxiety about hitting turbulance and playing worst case scenarios over and over again in my head.
How can I stop this and get back to normal? I've tried many things.
Any tips from others in the same situation?

Yes I get anticipatory anxiety too. I book flights short notice to avoid the anxiety even though it costs more. I too never use to mine flying until that plane went missing my flying anxiety increased.

The good news is you have booked the flight I usually find when you land you feel better and maybe the return leg will be easier?