PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting early morning insomnia

devo343
20-10-18, 10:59
so every Friday night though the weekend sometimes during the week i will wake up btween 12 and 1am {Going to bed at 7-8PM} but when i wake up at these times im unable to fall back asleep until at the most 3am which then the rest of my sleep till 5am{when i get up} is usually in pieces like this morning when i fell asleep at 3am i woke up 3 times now my anxiety is making it worse but i mean as long as i can back to sleep the next day isn't terrible just a little tired could someone explain how i fix this. also a similar thing happened to me around the same time last year

axolotl
20-10-18, 11:24
so every Friday night though the weekend sometimes during the week i will wake up btween 12 and 1am {Going to bed at 7-8PM} but when i wake up at these times im unable to fall back asleep until at the most 3am which then the rest of my sleep till 5am{when i get up} is usually in pieces like this morning when i fell asleep at 3am i woke up 3 times now my anxiety is making it worse but i mean as long as i can back to sleep the next day isn't terrible just a little tired could someone explain how i fix this. also a similar thing happened to me around the same time last year

I had a spell of insomnia a while ago and it's not fun. The problem is it's a vicious circle because you can't sleep when you're stressed about not sleeping.

I got through it by hiding all clocks visible from the bed so I had no idea what time it was, and coming round to the idea that if I was awake for a while it was fine, it was still rest even if not sleep.

Did you know the idea of sleeping through the night for eight hours is quite a recent thing? Up to a couple of hundred years ago people used to have two sleep shifts in a night, with a wakeful period in the middle where they'd talk, make love or even pop and see neighbours?

lofwyr
20-10-18, 15:58
This is absolutely my primary indicator I am anxious. Sometimes my anxiety creeps up (usually about something not health related), and this is how I really, truly first realize it is flaring up. I just power through, and work my anxiety CBT stuff.

Anxiousamyj
20-10-18, 16:57
Maybe you're going to bed too early?